008

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"give me my hairbrush, noah!" i yelled, running after my brother down the stairs.
"no, go to school with your hair like that, it's funny!" noah giggled adorably.

i was chasing him around the island in the kitchen, despite my dad sitting at it, eating his breakfast and reading a newspaper.

"dad, will you tell him to stop?" i whined, making dad look up at him.
"noah, give... oh my god, you look hilarious!" dad cracked up, laughing along with my little brother. i noticed i still had horrible bed head.

i sighed, poking the inside of my cheek with my tongue.
"this isn't funny, just give it to me so i can brush my hair," i glared at noah.

"you only want to look good for your new boyfriend," noah rolled his eyes. suddenly, my dad set his glass of orange juice down a bit too loudly, making a loud clang.

"you have a boyfriend?!" he practically roared. my mouth dropped open.

"no, i do not! noah, you are such a liar!" i shouted, "dad, i don't have a boyfriend, noah doesn't know what he's talking about."
"i saw a boy dropping her off on friday, it's her boyfriend!"

dad's jaw clenched hard, a scowl plastered across his face. i walked up to him, hugging his arm to try and calm him down.

"daddy, he's just a friend, nothing more," i tried to convinced him.
"alright," he cocked his eyebrow, going back to his newspaper.

i let go of his arm and snatched my brush from behind noah's back. leaving the kitchen, i stuck my tongue out at him to which he mirrored my action.

🔆

"hey, harp," lily greeted as i sat in her car.
"hey, how was your weekend?" i asked.

we then rambled on like every other teenage girl best friends would. she talked about how she's watching a new netflix show mainly which went on longer than usual. let's just say that if lily really likes something, she will not stop talking about it.

we arrived at school a few minutes later and walked up to the entrance, on our way to homeroom aka my favourite hour spent in the whole school day - note the sarcasm.

i turned around the corner of the corridor and stopped in my tracks at the sight i saw. grayson pushed up against the lockers, his hands gripping a beautiful blonde's waist as they passionately made out with each other.

my mouth dropped and quickly ran around the other way to my homeroom.

how could i be so stupid to think that grayson ever had a thing for me?

that grayson could ever like me in that way?

i felt tears prick the corners of my eyes but i took a deep breath before the waterworks came. i will not cry over something as stupid as this.

🔆

walking into chemistry, my breath hitched in my throat when i saw grayson for the first time in 2 days. he was sat at our desk, running his hand through his floppy mess of hair.

"hi," i said quietly whilst not looking at him. i sat down next to him and thankfully, mrs lindsey started talking immediately.

"so today, your project is due so i'll come around and collect them if they're not already on my desk... i will be handing out a worksheet for you to complete."

she took our projects from our desk and handed out sheets about ionic bonding. fun times. i whipped my calculator out, just in case i needed to use it.

"i don't think we need our calculators for this," grayson stated as i felt his eyes on me.

"well, you never know," i said, starting to write on the worksheet, "some of us think we need calculators for something but turns out we just use them for fun."

i scrunched my lips to one side as i continued working. i turned to look at grayson for a second and he looked baffled - mouth hung open, furrowed eyebrows.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he finally asked and i shrugged my shoulders.
"come on, is something bothering you?"

i shook my head, biting the inside of my cheek.
"tell me what's wrong," grayson grinned, moving his chair closer to me.
"nothing's wrong," i replied while still not looking at him.
"tell me or i'll tickle you again."

staring down at my sheet, i stuck my middle finger up at him, causing him to let out a surprised laugh.

"oh, i'm seeing finger gestures from such a pristine girl," grayson teased.
"shut up," i replied, trying to hide my face with my hair as a huge smile was on it, "i'm not that pristine."

🔆

if you get the reference, please be my best friend.
for dolskitty cadiyn