018

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

when grayson said he would pick me up from school, i assumed he meant from the back of the school or somewhere where not a lot of people can see us.

not thinking this straight away, i walked out to the front and saw grayson's car pull up on the side of the sidewalk. it was like my stomach turned inside out when i opened the passenger door and sat down.

his sweet, toothy grin flashed me as soon as he saw me and i gave a nervous smile back.

"so how was your day?" he asked me as he revved the engine up on the main road.
"yeah, it was okay, nothing really happened," i blatantly lied, swallowing hard, "how about you?"

he let out a long exhale.
"here and there. cam's getting a lot better. she broke her leg and had a minor concussion but that was about it."
"aw, bless her, i really hope she gets better soon," i admitted. grayson looked at me for a second to smile before looking back at the road.

then, he reached over for my hand, squeezing it tightly. i felt my cheeks redden as the shy side of harper douglas kicked in. oh my god, what's happening?

after a few seconds of comfort, he let go to turn the steering wheel. before we knew it we had arrived at this cute little café where i could smell the delicious cakes and coffee from outside.

grayson and i walked in through the door where a bell was heard from the top.

🔆

"ethan said he spent about two hours on the homework and asked me how long i spent. so i said about twenty minutes... but it was fine, i had a sandwich after," grayson chuckled at his own story and took a sip of his coffee.

when he looked up at me through his eyelashes, he noticed i had a small, half-hearted smile on my face.

"hey, are you okay?" grayson asked as i stirred my iced coffee around with its straw. i looked up at him and cleared my throat.

"listen, gray, there's something i need to tell you. and this has been eating me alive for weeks and i never found the right time to tell you." he looked taken back, probably just waiting for me to answer his question with 'yes'.

"well, what is it?" he asked again with an anxious face on.
"i don't know how to break it to you..." i started, "basically, i-i saw chloe... and johnny on the theatre stage and it looked like they had done... something."

grayson's face drooped down to a frown and i hated myself for making it look that way.

"i saw them kiss, grayson, i'm so sorry. i-it was the the day you told ethan to be nicer to me, you remember?"

grayson's jaw clenched and his eyes averted down to his coffee. i swallowed and touched his hand that rested next to it.

he flinched slightly, causing my face to heat up.
"sorry," i mumbled under my breath.

there was a few more seconds of silence which caused me to think if i should've told him without serious proof.

"i just don't understand..." he finally said quietly and i let out an short exhale.
"i know and know that i'm always here for you, gray," i said politely.

suddenly, grayson reached into his back pocket and got out his wallet. he set a 10 dollar bill on the table.

"i'm gonna need to cut this short, i'm sorry," his voice broke as he spoke. standing up, the bell ring above the door as he left through it, leaving me alone.

i propped my elbows on the table and ran my hands through my hair, wanting to pull it out.

🔆
poor gray :(
i've been away for quite some time and
i'm so sorry for that!
but i love you guys so here's another
chapter uwu

for dolanstown fendigrayson