016

*✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

he had his black hood up on his head, looking through his thick eyelashes in the distance. for a few seconds, the only sounds was the rain on the ground and cars driving past.

he took a deep breath before finally looking at me. i saw the fear, the sadness in his eyes as his lips moved to form four heartbreaking words.

"my sister's in hospital."

my stomach dropped into an empty pit at what grayson said. i was stood there for a few silent seconds, not knowing what to do.

"w-what?" i stuttered, gobsmacked.

i went to sit next to him on his front porch, moving in to keep warm.

"she just went out to get a few things and then we got a phone call saying she was in a horrible car accident. she was rushed to hospital, i-i don't know where ethan is, my mom's not back from work..." suddenly, grayson's voice started to break and i noticed his eyes becoming glossier.

"hey, it's gonna be okay," i started, rubbing his arm, "everything's gonna be okay."

grayson turned and buried his face in the crook of my neck, quietly sobbing and hugging me tightly. my heart broke at the state he was in. i wrapped an arm around him and rested my chin on the top of his head.

"do you have any idea where ethan is? maybe he's at the hospital right now," i suggested and grayson looked up at me, sniffing.

"yeah, maybe..." he trailed off, looking away.

his arms were still tightly wrapped around me, holding onto me like his life depended on it. grayson turned to look at me as a tear fell from his lower lash line to his lips.

his eyes, red, glassy, bloodshot. it was like there was no light left in them. when you stared into them, you felt yourself wanting to cry along with him.

i noticed a stray eyelash glued to his cheek so i wiped it away with my thumb.

"will you come to the hospital with me?" his broken voice asked while he wiped his eyes.

"of course."

🔆

the ride to the hospital was mostly quiet which i don't think either of us minded. once we came to the front desk, they told us what room cameron was in.