017

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

i sighed whilst looking at myself in my mirror, ready to pick up lily for school. grayson texted me this morning saying he and ethan aren't coming to school today. to be honest, i don't blame them.

he said that cameron was awake but she needs a few days of recovery and being with her family.

i threw my bag over my shoulder before heading out the door. immediately, my phone connected to bluetooth, mr rager by kid cudi playing.

"damn, why are you listening to depressing songs? are you okay?" lily asked once she got in my car.
"hell no, we're going to school," i replied and she sniggered.
"that's true, but seriously, you okay?"

by the time she asked, i stopped at a red light and i turned to face her.

"yeah, i mean, i'm just worrying about grayson, i guess," i trailed off. she grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"he'll get through this. and with a friend like you, he'll get through it much easier and happier," lily told me, causing a bright smile to form on my face.

"thanks, lil."

song after song, the same thought was still in my mind, bothering me so much it was basically eating me alive. chloe and johnny.

with grayson going through family things, i can't tell him this now. why couldn't i tell him when he was drunk the other night?

🔆

sat at the back of a class has it pros and cons. you can talk to your friends easier when the teacher's talking, the teacher sometimes can't see you. but in the back of spanish class, i was sat a row behind johnny and chloe.

nobody else seemed to notice except me - the stolen glances at each other, johnny passing her notes, chloe's giggling when she opened them. only an idiot would think something wasn't going on, yet i'm the only one that knows. what i'd give to see what's on those notes to help grayson believe me.

i wanted to tell him, i wanted to tell him so bad but he already has so much going on. he might not even believe me, then think i'm trying to screw his relationship with chloe up.

my fingers clenched around my pen in frustration, my teeth grinding against each other. i couldn't take this anymore.

as soon as the bell rung a few seconds later, i grabbed my books, tucked them under my arm and darted out of spanish class. i headed straight to my locker where i felt my phone buzz twice in my plaid pants pocket.

i got it out and two imessages from the same person shone on the screen.

grayson | harper

hey, i know you
just got out of
school so you
wanna do
something?

cam's doing a
lot better btw

my stomach dropped when i read over grayson's messages, knowing that i'd feel guilty if i tried to get out of it.

my thumb and index finger played with my bottom lip as i thought on what to say back, a habit i had when thinking sometimes.

of course! where
were you thinking
of meeting up?
and that's good 🙃

it's a surprise

i'm on my way to
school now so
i'll pick you up

kk see you soon

i sounded pretty casual, didn't i? i thought to myself. if this isn't the right time to tell him now then i don't know what is.

🔆

we hit 10k, thanks so much ily <3
for montagegrant fendigrayson