Explaining Create 101

I realized after writing a lot of chapters that I never explain the survival show Jisoo is on very well. I'm sorry if it has been kind of confusing. I decided to put this at the beginning so that it is clear for all future readers.

Anyways, the main character Jisoo ends up joining a kpop survival show. This just means that trainees will compete against each other for a chance to debut. (this is kind of a spoiler but not really lol)

The way it works is there are initially 101 trainees. 

In the beginning, they undergo a pre-evaluation where the coaches will give them a grade A,B,C,D,F (A is best). They will train in these groups. There is a grade re-evaluation later where they perform a dance that they learned in the first week and get a new grade. For their initial performance, people with better grades have better places on the stage.

The first elimination stage is the dance stage. The second is the vocal or rap stage depending on what the trainees specialize in. 

During each stage, they will have live performances and the viewers vote for the trainees that they like online. Based on the number of votes each trainees receive, they are given ranks. 

The ranking is used to determine who gets eliminated after each round. 

During the dance stage, there are two rounds of eliminations. After the first performance, only the trainees ranked 1-80 will stay. (81-101 are eliminated). After the second performance, 1-60 stay.

During the vocal/rap stage, there are two more rounds of eliminations. After the first performance, only the trainees ranked 1-40 will stay. After the second performance, 1-20 stay.

The final stage is a combination stage, so the trainees will have to sing or rap while dancing. This stage has one round to determine who wins and gets to debut as an idol group. The trainees ranked 1-11 will debut. 

If this is still confusing, please ask questions! I will answer as quickly as possible.