Chapter 38

"Isaac said that he'll protect me!"

"Lucas said that he'll stay by my side!"

"Noah said that he would never make me sad."

"Kyle's going to be my bodyguard!"

"Tyler told me that he'll be the best brother ever!"

"Jay-Jay said that he will be my bestest friend ever!"

They promised that they'll never hurt me.

________________

Samantha was brought to the hospital. She needs to go, that's what Sam's mom said. Just to know what's really going on.

"Based on our initial encounter with her, some questions were raised." The doctor calmly said, his hands hiding in the pockets of his white coat. "She divulged some information that we came up with a conclusion that she is suffering from emotional stress that triggers her from lack of sleep." The doctor continued. "And may I tell you, Mr. ..."

"Isaac Stones..."

"Yes, and may I tell you, Mr. Stones, that if you don't acknowledge her situation that caused her to hyperventilate, it may lead to a serious problem."

"I understand... " Isaac mumbled, feeling so worried and heavy with guilt and regret. He understand why this happened to her. It was because of them. Of him.

He's the eldest out of all of them. It's his job to protect them and other than that.

It was supposed to be his responsibility as well.

"So, I would advise you to support and encourage her, Mr. Stones."

"Yes... " Isaac nodded, so many thoughts were on his mind and it was pressuring him. "Thank you, doctor."

"And lastly, I gave her a low dosage of antidepressants to keep her calm." The doctor said.

"I do hope that you understand her situation, Mr. Stones. She is still an adolescent, and teens who sleeps less than the recommended  7-8 hours sleep could possibly lead to chronic conditions."

Isaac ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply and nodded. "Thank you very much, doctor."

The doctor smiled and nodded, leaving Isaac thinking.

His brothers were inside of Sam's room, waiting for him for answers. How could he tell his parents about this? What kind of reaction will they make? He's responsible for this. He knew that and yet, he let Sam down. He acted according to what his emotions tells him to do.

But he's just scared. So scared to tell her, she'll hate them for sure and that's what scares him the most. She's their energetic baby sister and she looks up to them, she relies on them and she'll hate them if she knows the truth.

Isaac chuckled bitterly. 'But I guess I deserved it, right?'

XENDRIX'S POV

I sat at the farthest end of the room, just looking the the siblings interacting with each other. Samantha was half-lying down on the hospital bed, still looking dead as ever but she's doing okay.

She's fine but as I look at her more closely, you could see that she had dark bags under her eyes, her eyelids were droopy and she's more emotional than before. It's a good thing that she's not malnourished or something though.

But that's not something that we all should think that Samantha's okay. She's not okay if you look closely at her, but she still smiles like it's nothing. She still blames it on her. She's still trying to not make it a big deal but it's Samantha we're talking about. She's a brat who keeps everything to herself, she's the idiot who tries to be okay. She's the stupid girl who doesn't back down from a fight, or that she's the kind of girl who loves others first before herself, she's the kind of girl who can't live without her brothers.