Chpater Nineteen: Rosyln

Tuesday, October 1st, 2:15pm

The stairs flood with students as Maggie, Adrian and I all try to get down. It's as if at the end of the day everyone is trying to claw their way out of the depths of hell.

Once we get to the bottom we stop underneath the stair case.

"So we'll be at the paper, if you finish work early you can just come and pop in." Adrian says.

"I doubt I'll finish early, but if I do I will come back. Especially if Frances is working today that guy is always in my space." I say.

"Frances is a guy?" Maggie asks.

"Yeah, weird I know."

"Well at least someone is trying to get at you. Anyway," Maggie turns to face Adrain, "I'll meet you at the paper." She says before walking away.

I stare at Adrian as he watches her walk away, he turns to face me, "What?"

"You like her."

"No I don't, I've told you this, we're just friend even if that." Adrian says.

"I'm not letting this rest until I get you to admit it."

"It's not gonna happen, now I'm going to the paper. You've got work." He says.

"Yup I'll go so you can have fun with your love!" I shout as Adrain walks away.

I awkwardly look around before walking outside.

Even with it only being the first of October, fall is really showing.

As I walk down the street the wind hits my body, cold and sharp. I swear that right as it turns to October the weather says it's time to tourcher. Sometimes I think Mother Nature is thinking that it's time to make these measly little humans cold and wish for warmth again.

Almost as if we made a mistake and fall and winter are the only times we can make it better again for spring and summer.

I walk past Dark Treauser and cut through the parking lot to go in the back doors of Club Azure.

I clock in and put on my work shirt. A black top with Azure embroidered onto it. We're supposed to wear name tags, but I don't really like wearing mine for privacy purposes. I don't really need random people who stop in maybe once in a blue moon for a drink knowing my name.

I walk out into the main area. My eyes take a minutes to adjust to the drastic lighting change.

The windows are tinted and the lights are very dim sending a dark array across the whole club. The main thing that allows you to make out peoples faces are the endless supplie of neon lights. Blue, red, green and purple flashing in every direction.

I remember this one guy from when I first got this job a year ago. He came in and didn't expect there to be so many flashing lights, it turns out that he was epileptic and he ended up having a sezuire.