Chapter Forty-Two: Can't Help Falling In Love

Tuesday, October 29th, 7:35am

Yelling echoes up to my room. It's been like this for the past two weeks, my parents have been yelling at each other in an attempt to figure out whos going to move out. They clearly haven't gotten far.

I look out my window to see Adrian waiting in his car outside.

I grab my bag and leave my room, I peek behind the wall to see my parents in the Kitchen yelling at each other. I sneak around the wall hoping not to get noticed.

"Oscar! Come here!" My Mom yells.

I nod before turning on my heel, walking over to them, "Yes?"

My Mom looks over glaring at my Dad, "Tell your father that he should be the one to leave."

"You should not be bringing our son into, it would be much easier if you were the one that left since you're the one causing all these problems in the first place." My Dad says.

"Oh you need to grow up!"

I slowly back out of the Kitchen and out of my house. I jog over to Adrian's car and get inside.

"What took you so long?" Adrian asks as he pulls away from my house.

The wind automatically slaps me in the face. I don't understand how Adrian can drive with a convertible the whole year around.

"Parents." I sigh.

"Ah that sucks, are they still fighting?" Adrian asks.

"They have been for the past two week, they're divorced now, but can't figure out who's going to move out and whos going to stay and take care of me," I sigh, "But we should hangout tonight, it would keep me distracted from everything." I suggest.

"I would, but I'm hanging out with Maggie tonight. I should be free tomorrow night." Adrian says while pulling into the School parking lot.

"Oh okay tomorrow is good... you and Maggie have been hanging out a lot recently huh?"

"Yeah." Adrian nods while we get out of the car.

I walk around to the other side of the car and stand beside him.

"Why are you two hanging out so much?"

"We went on a date, did I not tell you?"

I feel my heart drop as I shake my head, "No, you. You didn't tell me." I clear my throat.

"Yeah, well we went on a date." Adrian says, turning to walk towards the School.

"And is tonight another date or?" I ask.

Adrian shrugs, "I guess so, we're just hanging out at her house."

I pull open the door of the School and walk inside after Adrian.