Chapter Thirty-Seven: Heroes Rise

Friday, October 18th, 2:20pm

Maggie gets onto her motorcycle, "Hop on." She says.

"I'm good, I'll walk."

"Get on the fucking motorcycle, you aren't going to die." Maggie glares.

"Are you not having a good day or..."

"Adrian."

"Yeah."

"Get on the motorcycle."

I nod, "Okay."

I sit down the motorcycle behind Maggie.

I never thought this would be something I would do in life. "I would hold on if I wear you." Maggie says.

"What-"

Maggie drive's off down the street and I've never grabbed onto someone's waist faster than I just did now.

I have this strong feeling in my chest that Maggie is mad at me because I believe that Conner killed Kian, but when you look at the evidence they have... I can't debate.

We pull into Conner's driveway and get off the motorcycle.

Maggie turns to me, "See that wasn't that bad."

"Uh huh." I nod.

Maggie looks over to the house, "Are we going in?" I ask.

"Yeah," Maggie nods and looks back at me, "Just follow my lead, don't say anything unless they address you, okay?"

"Okay." I nod.

I follow Maggie up to Conner's house.

The last time I was here was at the end of last year for a new years party, and I think once during the summer. Nothing about the outside of the house has changed, maybe the colour of their garage, but that might be it.

Maggie knocks on the door.

"Why didn't you use the door knocker?" I ask.

Maggie looks back at me with a very confused look on her face, "Because I didn't want to."

She looks back at the door right when it opens, "Adrian," Conner's Mom smiles, but her smile slowly drops when she looks over to Maggie, "Maggie... what are you two doing here?"

"We heard about Conner, and we just wanted to come and ask you a few questions for the School Paper." Maggie explains.

"Well... I don't know if now is a-"

"It will only take a couple of minutes, promise."

"More promises, hmm weird couldn't seem to keep those when you and Conner dated."

I feel like I just stepped into the middle of a war and I'm the neutral country.

"So can we come in?" I ask.