Chapter Thirty: Work Shoes

Friday, October 11th, 12:10pm

I walk out of the lounge and down the hallway.

I scope the halls for Ace and Jade.

"There you guys are!"

I run over to both of them placing my hand on Ace's shoulder, "You okay?" She asks.

"I completely blanked that tomorrow is Mystic Glass's karaoke night and my Dad signed me up to sing, I don't have a song or anything. If you guys are free tonight and tomorrow could you come and help me?" I ask.

Jade and Ace look at over to one another, Ace looks back over to me and nods, "I should be free."

"Yeah, I should be good too." Jade looks over to me and nods.

"Great! After School meet me in the music room with song ideas and lots of them." I say as quickly as I possibly can before walking off down the hallway.

I stop walking when I reach the vending machine, I pull out a five dollar bill so I can get a pack of gum. Truly I can't remember the last time I had a pack of gum, probably two years ago. My Mom's stupid rule of not letting me buy junk food.

"Hey." I take a sideways glance over to Adrian who is leaning up against the vending machine.

"Yes?" I ask as I press the button with the number five that looks like it's about to fall off.

I lean down to grab my gum from my bottom of the vending machine, "Wanna go on a date?" I pause and come back up to the top and look Adrian in the eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"Do you. Want to. Go. On a date?" Adrian asks again.

So I wasn't just hearing those words in my head, they actually came out of his mouth.

I lean back down and grab my gum, "You wanna go on a date with me?" I ask.

"Yes." Adrian nods as I come back up.

"Why?"

"We've kissed two times, Maggie. I know you don't want to get hurt, and I promise I won't hurt you. Just one date and if you don't like it by the end I will stop asking and we can stay friends." Adrian explains.

I lean onto the vending machine and stare at him, "You wanna go on a date with me? Even after I punched Conner in the face, could be a number one suspect for a murder, some how broke into a School," I raise my eye brow, "Not to mention I'm in a gang, I made you burn my brothers insane asylum papers oh and did I mention I'm in a gang?"

"Yeah, but under all of that you're actually a very caring person who has cried in my arms before so I know you aren't that tough, also you are in a gang, that isn't even that scary." Adrian says.

He does have a point there.

"Still, we've only kissed two times why wouldn't you want to go on a date with me?"