Chapter Forty-Seven: Skyfall

Monday, November 4th, 7:10am

I walk out to the Kitchen rubbing my eyes.

"Morning sleepy head, we could hear you up last night, what were you doing?" My Mom asks.

"Homework." I lie, I couldn't let her know that I was up all night trying to figure out if Adams is actually capable of killing Kian.

"For what class?" My Dad asks as he passes me a tea.

"Science, all about atoms." I laugh awkwardly.

A yawn escapes my mouth as I rub my eye, "I'm not really hungry, I think I'm going to head to School."

I stand up and walk over to the door.

"But I made pan-" My Mom gets cut off as I close the door behind me. I get onto my motorcycle and ride down the street.

The fresh air feels nice, but I can tell it's going to rain again soon, it was raining all night. It was actually raining the whole weekend

......

I open my lock.

"You're here early." Adrian says as he leans against the other lock.

"Yeah... I needed to get out of the house." I explain.

"Parents going crazy again?" Adrian asks.

"Just the usually question asking." I lie, they hardly asked me any questions this morning. Probably because I left earlier than normal.

"You look tired." Adrian says.

"Yeah, I was up a lot during the night... I actually need to tell you-"

"Hey guys." Adams walks up to us smiling. I look over to him, my shoulders become tight as I move my arms close to the sides of my body.

"Hey, bud." Adrian smiles.

"Hi." I budge a smile.

"What are you two talking about?" Adams asks.

"I don't know, Maggie was about to tell me something." Adrian looks back over to me.

"Oh, it's nothing, it was stupid anyway."

Adrian shrugs, "Okay."

"Maggie, it's weird to see you here so early, why are you here so early?" Adams asks.

"Trying something different. " I shrug.

......

I sit down in Science Class, I look over to Adams who is sitting beside me.

All weekend I've been going over the possibility that he could have killed Kian. I keep trying to think of past conversations we've had with one another, but none are coming to mind.