Chapter Twenty-Seven: Broken Crown

Monday, October 7th, 6:40am

I jolt awake, grumbling as I reach my hand up to my head feeling the pound of a headache right above my eyebrow.

I pull my hair out from its ponytail and throw the elastic onto the table in front of me.

A yawn escapes my mouth as I stretch my arms. I look around and have to blink a couple times before realizing that I'm in the NewsPaper and have no idea how I got here, let alone in the School.

I look over to the clock to see there's two-ish hours before School starts.

I pull my phone out from my pocket and call Adrian.

"Hello?" Adrian whispers.

"Get you and Adams over to the School now."

"Maggie? It's 6 in the morning."

"Almost 7 so get up and get to the News Paper." I demand

I hang up the phone and lean back in the chair.

There are a bunch of papers scattered out in front of me with a bunch of peoples names written all over them.

Jacob.

Jessica.

Cal.

The Hunters.

Seems like I went on a suspect spree last night and the gang just happens to be part of my suspect ideas.

I get up and pile together the papers, walk over to the murder board. Using thumb tacks I put up the suspects at the top of the board in a line.

I take a step back and look at the board.

If we're going with the theory of power then Jacob makes some sense, same with Jessica. But if we're going with the theory that Kian could have done something to someone else then Jessica could also make lots of sense.

Cal is only up there because he dated Kian and could know something more that he isn't saying, but I don't have the nerve to go and talk to him at this moment.

But was I really so drunk that I wrote the gang down. I know for a fact that none of them are capable of killing someone. The gang is mainly for another family and support, it doesn't stand on violence, it only uses it if necessary.

Maybe there is a small part of me that thinks someone could have been capable of this in the gang, but there is a very slim chance of it being actually true.

I snap my head towards the door as I hear it open.

"We're here." Adrian sighs.

"Why did you need us so early?" Adams yawns.

"I don't know how I got in the School last night. Was the door open when you got here?" I ask.

"Yes." Adrian nods while rubbing his eye.