Twenty-four: wall between us

"I'm going to go see Dylan." Maely said, getting up from bed.

She hadn't seen him in a few days. A few long, hungry, and miserable days. She needed to tell him what was going on and that she couldn't go to the lounge anymore.

Calum never let her leave his sight. Except for, like, showers and bathroom and stuff. But that's what scared him the most.

"No you are not. You're staying right here. We're gonna cuddle." Calum said forcefully, latching onto her arm.

Luke rolled over and they both spoke more quietly.

"Can I just go take a shower? You don't want to snuggle with me when I'm sweaty and gross." Maely said with an exasperated sigh.

Calum stood up next to her, still gripping her small, sweaty hand.

"Let go, I gotta tic," Maely said.

She struggled to yank her arm away. It hurt so bad. Calum gave her hand a squeeze, then pulled her out the door. "Please let go!"

Maely's face contorted in pain. She. Had. To. Scratch.

Calum finally released her hand, but grabbed it again to help her up.

Maely was getting a bit annoyed with Calum. His restrictions, how little he talked to her, his resistance to her ticking. It made her skin crawl with irritation.

She flashed a small glare at him, clicking her tongue. She didn't say shit anymore, just clicked her tongue.

She often did it more than once, making people think it was intentional. They just didn't understand.

"I want you to know that I love you," Calum said, and the hallways echoed with his soothing voice.

It didn't soothe Maely much at the moment. "Yeah, ok." she said sarcastically.

Calum huffed and stopped walking.

"I just feel like I don't tell you that I love you enough. I want to cuddle because I love you. I keep my eye on you because I love you. And I love you enough to let you walk to the shower by yourself. I've been treating you like a baby, and I'm sorry. I just don't want anything to happen to you. Just remeber not to look in the mirror. Ok?"

Maely suddenly felt terrible for not taking him seriously. She nodded, "I-I love you, too." She hugged him before walking off.

She couldn't help but feel stupid for being like that.

Calum did all those things because he loved her. No matter how annoying he could get, she was flattered.

She turned to make sure he wasn't following her. The hall was empty, although a few lights flickered on the opposite sides of doors.

It was a very peaceful silence, even when she got to the showers. She smiled when there wasn't a drop of water to be heard.

Forcing herself not to look in the mirror, she crossed the room and grabbed a towel. She hung it outside the shower before removing her clothes and jumping in.

At first, the water was frigid, but it began to steam up.

A solid 15 minutes after she got in, there was another pair of footsteps headed her way.

Her humming ceased, and that's when her tic spoke up. She clicked her tounge three times before silence fell.

The footsteps had stopped.

"Maely?" Calum's voice echoed, just like in the hall.

"Calum...?"

"What are you doing in here? These are the boy's showers."

Maely peeked around the curtain. Calum stood a few feet away from her shower, a look of confusion and fatigue.

She sighed, "Oh well."

She heard some shuffling and half expected Calum to get in with her. The other half pleaded he wouldn't.

She heard the jerking of a curtain and turned around.

Her shower was still just for her.

She sighed a bit, but jumped when she heard a knocking on the wall she leaned against.

"Anybody home?" Calum asked, making her smile.

"Ha-ha. You're hilarious." she said sarcastically.

Calum could just hear the smile in her voice, and that satisfied him.

Maely grabbed the bottle of cheap-o shampoo and lathered in her rat's nest of hair. She resumed her quiet humming, as if uninterrupted.

When she got to the guy part of the song, Calum began to hum with her.

She was surprised, at first. After she got over it, she just wanted to be with him.

As if reading her thoughts, Calum spoke again.

"So...there's a wall between us..."

Maely heard a smacking noise and looked up. His hand peeked over the shower wall, that didn't quite reach the ceiling.

Mealy could barely reach, but manage to get their fingertips to touch.

"Now there isn't."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I think I'm gonna maybe write fluff cause why not?

BY THE WAY THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 700 READS ILYSM
AND 1.14K ON LOVE HATE IM SCREAMING I LOVE YOU

omg Muke af.