Four: take it

"So how are things, Maely? I haven't seen you in a couple weeks." Dr. Wallace asked.

Maely liked Dr. Wallace, since she was the only one who said hello to Calum.

But Calum hated her.

He cringed everytime she spoke in her high pitched voice. He crinkled his nose when he entered the room.

Maely had no idea why.

"Well." Maely said simply. She was never one for talking.

"Have you been taking your meds?" Dr. Wallace asked.

Maely nodded--which was a lie--and scratched her arm.

Dr. Wallace handed her a tissue and she dabbed at the wound. She tossed the bloody tissue in the trash.

"Shit." Maely ticked.

"We should do something about your motor tic," Dr. Wallace stated. "What if one of your friends holds your hands down?"

Maely stared blankly at her therapist.

"Calum's my only friend." she said, reaching for his hand.

"Well, this'll be a good way to make new friends. We have one person in each bell hold your hands down for you." Dr. Wallace said slowly.

Maely scratched her arm again.

"Dr. Wallace...I don't want anyone...to get hurt..." Maely said cautiously. Calum shot her a look and she shut up.

"What do you mean?" Dr. Wallace seemed alarmed.

Calum didn't want Dr. Wallace to know the things he said to Maely. How they dealt with people that stress Maely out.

Maely knew that.

"Calum doesn't want me to tell you." Maely squeaked.

Calum remained tense beside her, ready to strike Dr. Wallace if it got too far.

"Maely...you have to tell me."

Maely glanced at Calum nervously and scratched her arm.

"Shit." she blurted.

Calum stood up and walked over to Dr. Wallace. He pulled a plastic knife from his pocket. It would hurt a bit, but it wouldn't kill.

A huge knot formed in Maely's stomach. She shook her head repeatedly. It felt as if her body was on fire and she began to splutter, "No, Calum, please. She's nice."

Dr. Wallace flashed a look of confusion.

"Maely, tell Calum to leave." Dr. Wallace said.

Calum began to browse through Dr. Wallace's pencil container. "Stop it!" Maely shouted.

Calum found what he was looking for: a small exacto-knife.

Maely gulped. She had to tell her.

"Calum tells me to hurt people!" she said very quickly.

"Tsk, tsk." Calum scolded. He stalked over to her, extending the knife.

Maely covered her head in fear. "Take. It." Calum growled.

Maely took it hesitantly and Calum's eyes lit up. She stood up, but unexpectantly, threw the knife to the ground.

Maely stomped on it a few times for good measure.

"I'm not going to do it, Calum!" she shouted.

Calum's eyes blazed with fury and he shoved Maely.

••••••••••••••••••••••

So, sometimes this gets confusing. Okay, some things that Calum says, Maely actually says and sometimes Calum does things that Maely really does.

Sorry about the confusion.

P.S. They don't kill people that stress Maely out, they just carve something in their arm.

Plot twist: they carve "he's real" into peoples arms.

*gasps*

Ok ily~ S.S.