Thirteen: hard-ass

Maely was forced to eat lunch later the next day, due to her therapist's schedule. Meaning, she wouldn't get to eat lunch with her friends.

They teased Calum about the other night.

"I was still awake when...ya know." Carson giggled, wiggling her eyebrows.

"You banged her?!" Ashton asked incredulously. Luke dropped his fork.

Calum almost choked on his food. Michael hit his back and he swallowed with difficulty. "No!" he spluttered.

"Yeah, that's tomorrow night!" Luke joked.

Everyone chuckled as Calum blushed down at his food.

Michael handed him his notepad: Oh come on we're just messing with you.

Carson put a hand on his arm and looked at him seriously, "It's ok if you want to bang her."

Everyone laughed, including Calum.

"Shut up," he said, smiling a bit. "You wouldn't know what cuddling's like, since you've got Lucas the hard-ass."

Everyone let out a collective, "oooohhh!" at his comment.

Carson laughed sarcastically.

"Very funny." Luke said, stabbing his salad a little too harshly.

Ashton giggled.

~~~

Maely ate with the later lunch group. At first she was a bit upset, since Calum wasn't with her. But she was very happy to discover Emma had lunch B.

Emma waved her over and she quickly sat down. They chatted for a long time, but it was interrupted by an awkward silence.

Emma drew Maely's hair from her eyes.

"You know what really sucks?" Maely asked suddenly.

"What?" Emma asked, pulling some hand sanitizer from her pocket. She offered some to Maely.

"I'll only be here for today."

Maely winced a bit as the hand sanitizer touched her raw patch of skin.

Emma nodded, "Yeah."

"I heard that if you complained hard enough, they would switch your lunch." Maely said, excitement tingling in her voice.

Emma's eyes lit up and Maely ticked.

"Really?"

"I hope so."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bae was saying that she's never in my story anymore.

Your welcome.