seven

"Polly, hey, mom and Liz are here", Betty told her sister when I arrived with my aunt.

"I'm very happy that you're here in a safe place, you and the baby."

"Oh mom", Polly smiled happily, hugged her mother, "Liz, you came."

"Yes and I have a small present for you. It's nothing special, just a diary. I thought it must be amazing to go through all of the emotions of a pregnancy and if you want to remember it someday, then you can write it all down."

"What a great idea", she thanked me, "I'm glad that you came."

"We're here!", Cheryl announced loudly with her brother, mother and grandmother behind her, "Not a big deal. It's just the best baby buggy you can get."

"That must have been expensive."

"I only expect you to be the godmother for that. Just a little joke."

Before Jason could say anything to me or I had to hear him talk to Polly, I sat down next to Jughead. My mom was also here but she had a conversation with Hermione Lodge.

"How are you doing?", he asked me worried.

"If you mean if I'm alright sitting here, I'm doing fine. Anything is better than being alone or with my parents now. My dad is a Serpent, too, Juggie. Him and FP lead the gang and he even punched someone for seeing me."

"Wait, you've been seeing a Serpent?"

"Not in a romantic way. We met at the drive in and became friends I guess. I never thought I'd be so disappointed in my parents. I wanted to be like them but they're just liars like all of the other people."

"I'm sorry about that. Should we go to Pops later? We can talk there. That's more private than here."

"Thanks for the offer, Jug but I think I'll leave before you do. I don't know how long I can stand that theatre in here."

Turned out Polly would get twins, a boy and a girl. There was a short moment when I looked at Jason. He sat next to Polly, held her hand, smiled at his grandmother. It could be me next to him and I wished I was. It's not about the baby, I didn't want kids until I was old enough but he had his arms around Polly to protect her. He did that to me not only a month ago. He smiles at her, laughs with her, just like he did with me. And I sat in front of them watching their happiness, acted like I felt the same.

"You wanted to protect him, that's why you didn't say a thing", Archie snapped at Jughead after he stormed into the apartment.

"Archie, calm down. What happened?"

"Betty, did you know that Jughead's dad is a Serpent?"

"No."

"That's why you didn't want me to go to that bar so I wouldn't find out. After all that my dad has done for you."

"My dad's a Serpent, too, Archie. Jughead and I can explain it to you."

"But not today!", Veronica intervened, "It's Polly's day so pull yourselves together finally."

"Archie-"

"Save it."

Archie left as fast as he could, I did the same when that fight between the mothers escalated and Polly and Jason stepped in.

Jason Blossom

I really understand that I've hurt you

but we need to talk

you can't ignore me forever

Liz Specter

I wouldn't have to ignore you if you just left me alone

be happy with Polly

I really don't want to see you anymore

and I understand that

but you can't just throw away what we had like that

I deserve it to give you an explanation

Honestly, nothing could explain what you did to me

and what you still do

"Liz", Sweet Pea looked at me surprised when I knocked against the door of his trailer, "What are you doing here? I mean I'm glad to see you but weren't you mad at me? You can come in of course."

"I was and I still am somehow but this is the only place where I don't feel like everything is too much and bursting into tears."

"It sounds stupid but I was afraid of your dad. He's pretty intimidating."

"You, a tall strong Serpent, is afraid of my besuited dad?", I chuckled.

"He's the boss. Stop making me look like a wimp!", Sweet Pea tried to defend himself.

"In Joaquin's opinion you are one, a wimp", I grinned before he lifted me up, threw me around, spun me around the kitchen until he let me fall on his couch just to tickle me.

I turned around to see him smiling. That was probably the wrong move because his pretty face captivated me. I have never looked at his face closely until now. My right hand moved to his cheeks, my lips were formed to a smile, into a real smile after I had faked it for weeks now. His hands were holding my waist so I couldn't just leave him. Before I could think about it his lips were pressed against mine. To make it easier I sat down on his lap, my hands playing with his hairs. His hands wandered under my skirt to my butt. Within a second I took off his shirt to touch his stomach muscles. He did the same undressing me until both of us laid there in only underwear. Sweet Pea stood up, rested his hands on my butt carrying me this way to his bedroom. When he'd laid me down, he leaned over to me to give me feathery kisses all over my body playing with the seam of my underwear. I turned us around letting my hands glide over his body between some kisses.

"Liz", he groaned pleased when I was the one to go further kissing him deeply. As fast as I threw away his underwear, he did the same.

Fuck, why have I done that? I just slept with a Southside Serpent I only knew for about a week. And that's not even the bad part. Jason and I had broken up only a week ago. And the boy who lied next to me was the one who was there for me after it. That was way too fast. Plus he's a Serpent which I don't hate like others but I didn't hear about a Serpent falling in love so maybe he just befriended me so we could have sex and then he'd let me fall. Did I even like him? I mean I forgot everything around me when we were so close but I'm definitely not in love - not after what happened between Jason and I - and I don't sleep with boys that I'm not in love with. Great, so I just broke one of my own principles.

"Tired?", he muttered against my naked shoulder while he still had his arm laid around my hip.

"What time is it?", I wondered.

"Almost midnight."

"Damn, I should be at home-", I turned around looking at my phone to check if he was right.

"You can stay here", Sweet pea lightly smiled at me before he gave me another kiss.

I mean.. I was wrapped up in his arms.. At least I wouldn't have to face my parents that way.. and maybe this would help me getting over Jason.. But why did I feel so guilty and happy at the same time?