thirty-seven

Juggie 

Penny called me

we have too meet her at the diner

Ellie

great, see you there

"We can't do that favor for you. Whatever it is, we will pay you for it", I promised her.

"He needs more help. That's why I called", she told us casually, "FP had a small accident with some Ghoulies."

"Oh my god."

"He's at the infirmary right now."

"Is he okay?"

"They've ruined his pretty face so. The Ghoulies want to take revenge on you for the deal that you've closed with Sheriff Keller."

"It's not been our.. What can we do? He needs to get out of there."

"You need money for that, not too less. Rich people don't sit in prison. Money it is."

"I've only got ten dollars."

"I could give you more", I looked between them.

"I doubt that your dad would give any of his money to me", Penny laughed.

"You will get as much money as you want", I insisted.

"Let's say this favor is a job. A onetime delivery. You take a box from the Southside and bring it to Greendale. That's it."

"What's in there?", Jug seemed to know it already.

"Let's say a pancake batter. Something Liz used to like."

"Penny, we're not going to be your drug provider."

"Just do it and I'll use your earnings to get your dad out earlier."

"Okay, we'll do it."

"Good kids. You deliver and leave before midnight. You don't want to be in Greendale to this time, believe me. And the box doesn't fit on a bike and not on your car. Do you have a truck?"

"Ellie, can we talk now?", Betty asked me when I ran downstairs.

"I'm actually on my way to Sweet Pea."

"Just five minutes, please. I want to explain myself."

"Alright", I sighed going back to our room again.

"Blackhood called me. He forced me to say all those things to you. I mean not exactly the things I've said but he said if I don't cut you and Jug out of my life he will hurt you."

"Really, Betty?"

"I promise you I would have never said all of those things if he didn't call me. I didn't mean what I say."

"But he didn't tell you exactly what you should say", I assumed, "You just knew that it would hurt me."

"Yes, I'm so sorry for it but it had to be real. He could have been around us."

"It's alright, B. I mean I was pretty hurt and Sweet Pea had a hard time cheering me up but I would have done the same probably. And I can't stay mad at you for too long."

"Hey", Sweet Pea opened the door to his trailer for me.

I didn't even know if he was still my boyfriend. Technically we didn't break up but we haven't talked for a few days. I was afraid he would have asked me to come over so he could break up with me.

"Hey. Uh if you wanted me to come over so you can break up with me then can you do it right now? I'm quite nervous honestly."

"Break up?"

"Yeah, isn't that the reason why you called me? I mean we didn't talk since days and-"

Sweet Pea stopped me from talking by pressing his lips onto mine and pulling me closer to him eagerly.

"You're so pretty but so stupid", he laughed.

"What? Toni said you were angry and then I just ran out and-"

"You talk too much, babe", Pea and I laid down on his couch, "I was angry, yes and maybe I am still mad at you for being with a Ghoulie. I though you had a better taste. And it kind of feels like you're betraying the Serpents but when I freaked out about it Toni and Fangs were mad at me for saying that because we don't know what happened. So tell me about it."

"Well uh.. it's true, I've been with Malachai for about a year but I broke up with him when I moved here. I guess he never really accepted it that's why he wanted me to make that deal with him", I thought it was better to not tell him how he threatened me and my friends.

"Did you know who he is?"

"I did know that he's the leader of the Ghoulies, yes. But as you know I haven't had any idea about my dad being a Serpent. If I had known about all of this, I would have never been with him."

"Are you sure?"

"Pea, I got to know him as a normal human being. Do you really think I could fall for a Ghoulie like they walk around in school? They're ridiculous, I wasn't aware of that", I lightly smiled at him trying to slowly change the topic.

"Alright, I get it. No reason to be angry."

"No reason to be angry", I nodded.

"Will you stay the night?"

"I'm going to meet Jug and Archie in an hour but until then I can stay."

"Red?"

"Yes, red. Why do you hate each other so much?", I sighed.

"I know that you've kissed him, he tagged our land and he called the cops. Are those enough reasons?"

"I think I can understand that", I chuckled.. They will never like each other.

"What are you doing?"

"We have to do a job for her", I sighed, maybe he didn't even know about her jobs.

"Can't you just pay her?", he furrowed his brows, "You've got enough money."

"I offered her to pay what she wanted, even the double amount or more but she insisted on the job."

"She's Toni's mom, why don't you let your dad deal with this?"

"He doesn't know about it. FP and him told us not to go to Penny so we did it behind their backs. Mom told me everything about their story and I assume that dad and Penny hate each other. So there's not another option than doing the job for her."

"Be careful then", Pea warned me and kissed my forehead before I left his trailer to see Juggie and Archie.