thirty-four

"Jug, Jug! We need to go now", Archie and I ran through the hallway of Southside High.

"Wait are you two doing here? Seriously, Archie? Do you want to make it worse? El, I've been waiting for you."

"Mayor McCoy lets the police raid this school, we need to go", I explained to him, became more hectically when the mayor and sheriff Keller opened the doors to Southside High, "Where are Sweet Pea and Toni?"

Before Jug could answer, Archie pulled the two of us with him. That's when I saw them standing at their lockers.

"Toni!", I shouted trying to help them but Archie stopped me, "Pea, you need to go!"

"We need to help them."

"You can't do that when you're in prison. Come on!"

He had already pulled us outside of this damn school, we could only watch Toni and Sweet Pea being held by police officers and Pea beating against his locker.

"Jug, Liz, you need to calm down."

"Calm down? Riverdale is a police state now", Jug replied angrily, we sat down at Pop's.

"Mayor McCoy thinks that the Serpents deal with the Jingle Jangle."

"As I already told you, we don't. Serpents are no drug dealers. That's the Ghoulies."

"Then tell the Mayor."

"The Mayor? Didn't I just do it at home when everyone went against the Southside? Do you mean the mayor who just arrested all of our friends for no reason?", I asked harshly because Archie knew exactly that she didn't even try to think that the Serpents are the good ones.

"What do you even care  about it? Betty and you don't want to be around us anymore, do you?", Jughead helped me.

"Bro, I'm sorry about what and how it happened. But about Betty.. you two should talk to her."

"We need to go, Tallboy wants to talk to us."

"Where did he tell us to go? This is not Serpent land anymore", I wondered just following Jug wherever he went.

"Here, it's the house near to Sweetwater river", he showed me the picture on his app for directions.

"No way", I whispered, "Juggie, we can't go there."

"Why? What is wrong with that place?"

"It's not about the place. Malachai lives there, it's the house of the dead, the Ghoulies."

"Why would he want to meet us there? Hey, you don't need to come if you're not okay. I'll do this."

"No, you'll probably need me. I know this place but you better be careful", I warned him.

"Sit down, boy. We have to talk about the business", Tallboy welcomed us in Malachai's "living room".

"Yes, baby. Sit down right next to me", Malachai walked behind us and sat down, didn't take his eyes off me.

"I'll have to decline", I smiled sweetly at him rolling my eyes.

"Malachai talks for the Ghoulies. Our gangs have become one, work together and it's easier when you two are okay with that."

"Us?"

"FP's son and Harvey's daughter. Your opinion is important to our recruits, especially the young ones."

"Tallboy, they are the reason for the raid of the police at Southside High with their damn Jingle Jangle", Jughead understood correctly.

"Chaos is what makes us strong. You better get used to it", Malachai grinned from where he laid.

"Oh shut up", I clapped my hand against my forehead, "You didn't even clean up the room for us. All you want is to take over our gang but guess what? No way am I going to let this happen."

"Do you really want to do this to our dads?"

"Calm down, beanie boy. Come on, baby, don't be so full of hate. You used to feel so much love for me and now you treat me like shit?"

"Well, let me think about it. Your boys beat us up, gave our friends drugs and then they get away with it."

"We're not here to discuss that", Tallboy tried to stop me but I knew that Malachai listened to what I've said.

"They beat you up?", he stood up angrily, "Who?"

"No way, your brother didn't tell you? Cute little Ace acts so strong around everyone but he wouldn't tell you about him following us at our school and starting a fight? No, it wasn't even a fight, Jug and I had no chance to fight back."

"That damn idiot", Malachai sweared, "I'm going to kill him."

"Well, back to business, love birds. Your dad is not here, Jug and Harvey will not know about this. Him and the Ghoulies have a past so he won't even think about it. So in the end, I'm the leader. Things are going to chance, kids."

"Ride or die, baby, ride or die."

"Archie and I've talked to my dad, he's had an idea."

"You and Archie?"

"We've talked about it, Betty had no other choice. We will talk to her but first we have to get rid of the Ghoulies. Hey, shouldn't you be at the park?"

"Yeah, everyone is but I had important things to do. I picked Sweet Pea and Toni up. Fangs wasn't at school that day. Hey, tell me your plan and I will talk to Malachai. You saw his reaction when he heard about the attack. He still cares about me so maybe that will help."

"And you still have to tell me how you got to know that Ghoulie, the leader of them all. Did he pay you? I mean, look at them, they look ridiculous with their clothes and the cars."

Jug's joke made me really laugh which I was thankful for because with everything happening around us, we didn't laugh as much anymore.

"I found it attractive", I shrugged my shoulders.

"The boys and I want to dare you to do a car race", I offered, "If we win, the Serpents stay independent and you'll stop dealing at Southside High."

"What if we win?"

"Then we give up and you can continue to pollute the Southside with your straws."

"Did the Serpent prince tell you to say that?", Malachai looked between us and just laughed about this idea, "Daddy has to offer us some of his territory."

"Shit, they've been following me", someone stormed in, "They tried to get in through the garage."

"Veronica?"

"Archie?"

"Jughead?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Wait, are those your bitches?!"

"Excuse me, that's misogynic!", Veronica complained.

"Take your bitches and get away from here until there's more that you would leave us over."

So I made a few steps forward so I was so close to let our body's be leaned against each other and whispered in his ear but still loud enough for the others to hear it, "If you win, you'll get the White Wyrm. This means more space to produce that shit and you can get out of this hole."

"We take the Wyrm, the Sunnyside trailer park and I'll get you, Ellie. I want you to be mine again."

"Deal."