thirty-nine

"Hey", Sweet Pea kissed me gently when he let me in after I had knocked the door aggressively, "You don't look so good."

"Well, thanks", I snapped at him, "I'm not in a good mood."

"I can see that", he chuckled pulling me on the couch with him, "What happened?"

"Uh.. I.. Can we just not talk right now?"

"We don't have to but-"

I stopped him by pressing my lips onto his turning this into a make out session immediately until he spoke up again.

"Not that I don't enjoy this but tell me what happened. It'll help", he smiled at me which kind of made me mad, I was super angry right now.

"Pea, don't you get it when I say I don't want to talk?", I sighed.

"I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend to you."

There it was, this word. Boyfriend. Right now, I couldn't stand hearing it. This means that I care about him and that whenever I wouldn't do what Penny said she will threaten me by hurting him. It's just been too much going on during the past weeks. I needed to let my anger out. So I kissed Sweet Pea again hoping that he would finally do what I wanted. I pushed him back so I could lay on him, kissed him even more intense, more demanding. Fortunately, he responded the kiss with a grin forming his lips. I was longing for him finally being closer to me.

"I like your angry side", he murmured while taking off my shirt.

"Shut up, Pea", I whispered, doing the same with his clothes.

"Liz, did you fall asleep?", Pea kissed my naked shoulder after we were silent for a few minutes.

"No, I'm still here", I mumbled.

I finally calmed down after I could use my energy for us. But I still felt awkward after he had mentioned the fact that he's my boyfriend and really trying to be good at it. In my head I moaned irritated when he turned me around so we were face to face.

"I love you, Liz."

No, he didn't say it. I must have heard it wrong. No way. He can't say that to me! I mean, I wasn't ready to say it back and now we laid here and he expected me to be happy about it. I couldn't say that I had to go, could I?

"Liz?", he looked at me with wide eyes probably knowing what was going through my mind.

Why the hell couldn't I just say it back? I'm not ready for another discussion or even a fight.

"You won't say anything about it, huh?", Sweet Pea sighed moving his arm from my sides to his head frustrated.

"Do I have to?", I tried to crack a joke to loosen the bad vibes.

"Do you think you're funny now?", he snapped at me disappointedly.

"No, I just.. I'm trying to make the best out of it?"

He stood up to get something to drink. Now it was him who stopped talking to me.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Better question, do you want to leave? Or do you even know what you want? Just don't ask me what I want because you obviously don't care about it!"

"That's not true."

"You're such a liar. Why don't you run off like you always do when the situation isn't perfect anymore?"

I looked at the bottle he held in his hands now. He drank alcohol. Which was okay but right now I think it would only make it worse.

"I'm leaving. Not because I want to leave you alone but I don't think that it'll be better if we discuss this in the middle of the night."

"So you'd rather drive home in the middle of the night while Blackhood is out there instead of staying with me?", he became louder.

"Wasn't it you who said he's a hero?", I chuckled frustrated putting my clothes on and taking the key for my car, "Let's just calm down over night."

"Wasn't it you who came here so angrily?"

"I'll see you."

Juggie

My dad's coming out tomorrow

I'll tell the Serpents

are you coming?

Ellie

wow, this is great!

I'm so happy for you

I'll see you there

I knew it wasn't a good idea to go to the Wyrm after what happened between Sweet Pea and I but I didn't want to talk about it to Jughead so I played it cool.

"I've got something to announce", Jug spoke up loudly, "My dad is going to get out."

Everyone cheered happily. I glanced at Sweet Pea for a second, he looked like he didn't sleep for weeks. Damn, I was such an idiot. But I couldn't have said I loved him when I wasn't sure about that, could I?

"And when he's back, I'm going to tell him about our plans with Mayor Mccoy."

"That's brilliant", Tallboy sounded ironic.

"Is there a problem with that, Tallboy?", I looked at him annoyed.

"With FP? No, not with him. But you two want to sit down with McCoy."

"Yes, that's true. He's right. Liz and I think we could bring the Southside to life again but that needs a lot of work and compromises."

"Bring back the Southside to life", we had enraged the long-haired man, "You're just here for five minutes and Specter doesn't have anything to do with us."

"Tallboy, I'm done with you behaving like a little bitch! Whispering behind my back that I'm just half a Serpent or that we don't belong here. Let's vote. If you think what we're doing is wrong, Liz and I will step aside."

"Who of you stands behind the two and thinks that Tallboy should shut up?", Toni stood up holding her hand in the air, I smiled at her gratefully.

Everyone else followed her, even Sweet Pea.

"FP!", I exclaimed as soon as he walked out of that prison, I hugged him just after Jughead.

"It's good to have you back", my dad greeted him.

"It's good to be back, Harvey. Thanks for you taking care of them. Don't be so shy, we're like brothers", FP laughed when they also hugged each other.

"Hey, Betty."

"Hey, Mr. Jones."

"Alice."

"Is it true what people say about men who have just been released out of prison, FP?"

"What do they say?"

"That they're sexually frustrated", she retorted.

Everyone groaned, Jug and Betty were shocked, dad shook his head but FP and I smiled. I found it funny.