couples argue

LALISA,

last

/lɑːst/

adjective

coming after all others in time or order; final.

synonyms:rearmost, rear, hindmost,bringing up the rear, nearest the rear, at the end, furthest back, at the back (of the queue),aftermost, endmost, furthest behind, final, ultimate, most remote, remotest

5:30 pm Seoul

"Paper, scissors -"

"Wait"

"Lisa!" Jennie complains with the most beautiful contradictory smile.

"Sorry, sorry I forgot the rules"

She rolls her eyes and I try not kiss her.

She's so cute.

I smile with a soft heart as she dramatically rolls up her imaginary sleeves and explains - for the third time.

"I'm chicken and you're Thai"

"Wait I get that I'm Thai but why are you chicken again? You're Korean? And the only Korean-chicken really, is Chu. I'd say you're more of a dumpling or - "

"No" She palms her forehead while I pinch the air trying to think of another squidgy like eatable.

"Were you even listening? Are you even listening!?"

Honestly no. You're far too pretty and that's way too distracting -- is what I want to say.

But "Yes" is what I opt for instead.

- it somehow feels safer.

She shakes her head but scootches closer. In fact, close enough - I lean forward - to kiss.

"Hey pay attention" She pulls her face back.

Tsk.

"And listen"

"Yes baby" I nod and try catch her lips again.

"Stop!" Jennie swats me away like a fly.

"I'm serious. Would you please pay attention"

"I am"

"Lisa" Jennie's face drops - along with her voice.

"I said I'm serious"

"Okay, sorry" I go to kiss her again to further apologise BUT -- quickly stop myself.

Listen Lisa.

"Okay. You're Thai food" She says with a perfectly straight face.

"Yes, I'm - I'm Thai food?" I point to myself and fail to resist a snicker.