more to it

JENNIE,

get over

phrasal verb of get

recover from (an ailment or an upsetting or startling experience).

synonyms:recover from, recuperate from,get better after, pull through,shrug off, survive, come round from

6:40 am Busan

My face takes a glossy shine and the edge of my hairline welcomes a salty dampness.

How am I sweating this early in the morning?

"Ahhhh!" She screams.

Oh that's why.

This little rascal has had me working out all morning.

"I'm coming!"

"Naeun I'm coming for you!"

"Unnie!"

"You better run!"

"Ahhhh!" The young cutie dashes away, moving her little limbs as fast as she can muster. All while impressively screaming at the top of her lungs. I say impressively because it's endless - a long high pitched alarm. No breath, no pause, just a toddler single handedly destroying my ear drum.

"Quick quick! Or I'll catch you!"

"No!" She finally takes a breath! Thank God, she was starting to go purple.

"No! No! No!" Naeun scrambles behind our sofa.

I halt at her sudden 'disappearance'.

"Where'd she go?" I say pretending I can't see her messy bun peaking over top.

"What happened?"

"Where is Nae -" Suddenly a small red ball hits my head.

I look around and find a cheeky young man grinning and shaking his little hips.

"Sian!" I gasp and pop my hands on my hips.

"You monkey!"

Before my little brother can join his twin behind the couch, I scoop him up and throw him over my shoulder.

"Help me help me!"

"Sian" Nauen jumps out in front of me with her fists in small balls as if ready to fight.

"Oh no, don't hurt me!" I beg.

"Sian!" Naeun shouts as she comes at  me with soft squishy kicks.

"Ah, oh" I pretend to get beaten, releasing Sian and falling to the floor.

Taking their opportunity, my two siblings jump on top of me and attack me further with kisses. I'll surely be defeated. What with my Achilles heel being comprimised.