PART FOUR

JENNIE,

backwards

/ˈbakwədz/

adverb

(of a movement) in the direction of one's back.

synonyms:towards the rear, rearwards,backward, behind one

8:30 am Seoul

In between fine sheets and matching underwear, I mould, pressed, tangled up in her. My feet cold and gliding over smooth, olive ankles, while her fingers trace poetry. Something romantic. Something like I love you. Something like a name, a call, sweeter then my given.

Her touch strong and yet so tender, so careful – a reflection of my own love for her.

Or maybe not...maybe that was a carried away thought. We certainly aren't always so careful. I remember rainy nights, midnight swims and reckless sex, as a few careless doings.

In fact, I'm often undone in moments less careful. More audacious. In her less careful, moments of audacity. So many moments – too many to call careful, I guess.

So, perhaps it's just the overwhelming sense of pleasure I get from her touch that has me seeing a parallel. Perhaps it's just that I love her with all the same intensity.

"Hmm"

I moan by touch and she digs her fingers deeper. Just a little, just enough.

It's always like that with us, I react, she reacts, she reacts I react.

She lifts her leg higher between my thighs and I move my hips tighter against hers.

Just like that.

"Baby" Her traced endearments find a voice.

I hum, unable to find words of my own.

Unable to do much else then,

"Hmm"

There isn't music. But I swear I can hear it. Or is that her humming? I'm not too sure.

"Stars shining...hmm..mm...you"

No wait --

"Night breezes seem to whisper...I love you"

She is. It's her.