Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A Pair Of Eyes

Monday; September 23, 9:30AMKim Residence

Kim Residence

Taehyung's P.O.V

Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung.

To others, I lived isolated—all alone.

But in my point of view, I've always felt another looking at me around the house. I just didn't feel comfortable in my own home.

This house was a gift from my mom, they left me months ago to work abroad in Norway.

So, I never had parents to laugh, they never took me to the park, gave me a birthday party, see the many school awards I got, or just be there in general.

Kim Seokjin lives in the neighboring house, as requested by my dad.

Jin is like a surrogate mom.

He takes care of me, and I appreciate it. He's too overprotective though. Every time someone flirts with me, he will come bolting into the room and drag me out.

But, I hear footsteps, items dropping, and I feel a pair of eyes on me every time I walk out the door.

I pointed fingers at Seokjin, since he was the closest to me, but debunked it because he was always with his boyfriend.

It feels like a scene straight out of horror movie, don't you think? My parents always tell me that I'm assuming things and that I should move on, I don't think it's that easy.

I overlooked things for now and shrugged it off. I'm already late to my first class anyway.

After placing each shoe on each of my feet, I go on my way to my first day of junior year.

You would think I loathe school like everyone else, correct?

Well, it's not that easy to explain.

I love school.

It's the only place I don't feel like I'm being watched. Plus, no one harasses me and I think I'm pretty smart.

I shuffle into the full classroom, bowing quickly to the others and run over to Jimin and Hoseok, my favorite dumbasses.

I has prayed they'll be here, I thought I was going to go through my homework breakdowns in the janitor's closet alone.  

"Jiminie~ I seriously thought I would be a lonely weirdo without you!" I rambled on.

"I'm here too you know..." Hoseok huffed angrily, ruffling Taehyung's hair out of anger.

These two were my best friends since freshman year. I met them while watching them walk into each other while playing Pokemon Go. I had bursted into such a loud laughter that they noticed me and began to crack up too.

"No worries Taehyung. Did I scare you? I didn't mean to, I swear I won't leave you until we're old little grandpas." Jimin giggled. I have to admit, he's pretty cute.

Not in that way of cute, I mean, he's merely so petite and vulnerable. It's not a very good characteristic when it comes to self-defense.

But for convincing someone, that's a whole other story. "Can I sit with you Taehyung? You're the only person I know here" Jimin asked in a playful tone, hinting he mean't to forget about Hoseok.

"Hey-"

"Of course! No need to ask Jimin, come over here already." I told him, interrupting Hoseok, he glares at me while I smirk.

"Does that mean I have to sit behind you guys?" Hoseok whined, stomping behind us and plopping on the seat. He mumbling a 'this is so boring' along the line.

We've teased Hoseok for a long time now, and finally, the door swings open. As soon as I saw the first person walk in, I knew it wasn't Ms. Jaesang, our art teacher who was supposed to be here minutes ago.

It was the principal Mr. Hoon, and what seems to be a new boy?

We immediately locked eyes, and I knew from that one stare this school year wasn't going to be fun. "Who's he?" I hear whispers behind me.

"He's new, you idiot." I respond. J-Hope looks like as if the gears were turning in his head.

"Oh—duh, thanks TaeTae." He pats my in the head before ruffling my hair again. Quickly retreating back to his seat before I react.

I just sigh in defeat and continue to fix my curly gray locks.

"Hobi, that was mean." Jimin whispers while pouting. J-Hope signals a pout on his own face then points to Jimin, then making his own pout turn into a smile, making Jimin giggle and give him a big, bright smile.

The 3 of us focus on what the principal had to say about the new guy.

They can't just barge into our classroom 20 minutes after the bell rings.

I look through the sea of students only to find them looking like deers discovering car headlights, their eyes enlarged from the grand entrance the two made.

For now, let the principal speak, Taehyung. Then, the principal begins to mouth words that echoed through the large room. My ears perk at the sound of the principal's rough voice speaking.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ☾  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧