Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Am I Home?

Friday, December 14, Time UnknownJeon Residence

Jeon Residence

Taehyung's P.O.V.

They'll never notice you've left.

I couldn't refuse. They were controlling me. My legs shivered from the cold wind snapping onto my skin. I wanted to be strong, brave, so I chose to wear thin clothing. I regret the decision when the snow began to nip at my nose.

You're going to lose him! Hurry!

The bums at the corner store dragged their dull, red eyes around my body. I tried my best to ignore their disgusting attempts to push themselves on me. 'Sorry, no. Sorry, no.' I repeated, walking faster while ignoring the exhaustion of my knees.

I smacked my head when the voices became too bothersome. "Do anything else but talk," I mumbled. They stopped for a moment, but only to ring louder. I groaned and pulled my blue locks roughly.

You're home! You're home! No?

I saw gloves in the purse of a mother. I liked them, I took them. They fit right into my large hand, the blue tips warmed up my fingers. Sorry, mom, I stole from a woman. But I needed them more than her.

I shuffled through the crowd endlessly, my arms glued to my chest. Several people snapped at me because I shoved into them, but I paid no attention.

Finally, I walked around the familiar lake. The bloody footsteps trail into the creepy road. I knew it was from his injury, I cringed at the red liquid. But, my eyes followed along with the dark pavement.

My whole spine shivered as my heart pumped faster. "Scary... very scary," I spoke. As if a hand pushed me forward, my feet started to walk on their confidence. 

I relived my memories; Taeyong, Jennie, my escape, my rescue.

Here... Turn left! Turn here!

My eyes adjust to the bright lighting of the house. It was too familiar, so I limped faster.

Faster! I want to see him!

I let a huge sigh when I stepped in front of the doorway. Questionably, I didn't know what to do. This was my first time formally entering this house.

The door was left unhinged, so I pushed myself in. He wouldn't mind, he likes me.

"Jungkook!" I yelled, but it only echoed through the mansion. It was too quiet, the chairs left dusty and the tv was flickering. My eyes darted to the dirty carpet leading to the stairway.

It was a disgusting brown color. Don't even get me started on the odor; it was too toxic. I paid no attention though, continuing to shout around the entrance.