Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Break Free

Sunday; December 9, 7:34PMJeon Residence (Father's Office)

Jeon Residence (Father's Office)

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"I wrote a note, Father. Is that enough for Taeyong to give to him?"

My hands had been fidgeting behind my back, not wanting Father to see how apprehensive I was near him. His empty expression changed as he forcefully kicked his maid away from him, a whine leaving her lips.

I cringe at his behavior, he's been acting very rudely towards the staff. I'm not saying I won't do the same, but Father has been getting more agitated lately

"Then you should get going. What are you doing here asking me if you're the one who's so obsessed with him?" He responds, kicking the innocent maid further onto the ground as she tries to crawl towards him.

Her job, sadly, was to clean his shoes.

It was a responsibility no one wanted to have.

I pinch my hand trying not to throw a fit then and there. "Right..." We stare at each other in silence, his charcoal eyes piercing mine. I begin to shuffle away from his stare.

"W-well, I'll be going now, Father."

I give one last look at the poor woman who laid behind me, pathetically on the floor. Father had explained to me I should never help someone who was "below us on the hierarchy."

I guess I had a change of heart after seeing the reality of it all over the years.

Slowly, I walk over to the red-haired female. I picked her up and asked her if she's alright. Hearing Father grumbles in disgust, I try to walk her limping body out of his office.

"What do you think you're doing Jungkook? Haven't I told you not to touch those disgusting slaves?" Father nags at me, slamming his cup on his desk, the drink flooding onto his pants and into his thigh.

"Drop her this instant!" He hisses.

"No," I say, the maid gasping in fear for what's going to happen next. "I'm fucking tired of your inhumane ways of treating people, Father."

He staggered over after just being burnt by scolding coffee. Father places his tall appearances in front of me. I puff my chest out in protest.

"Do you want to repeat that, son?"

"I'm so damn sick of your disgusting acts Father. Our whole appearance to the public started because of your horny ass murdering Mother! I can't even go outside without people calling the police on me since all I've been taught is to murder! I hate it... I really do."

Father weakens but pulls the lady towards himself. She silently sobs knowing what he'll do to her.

"Go... go to your room. Stay there until I ask one of the sluts to come to get you. You will NOT be going to meet your Taehyung tonight."