Chapter 38

Chapter 38: A Changed Mind
+ Author's Note

Chapter 38: A Changed Mind+ Author's Note

No Specific Day
Kim Residence

Kim Namjoon's P.O.V.

I once took a peek into the bedroom of my friend. I was confused to see him laying on the ground so dull, so exhausted. His bare feet were still attached to the chair as his face was smushed into the soft rug.

His long blue bangs stuck onto his teary eyelashes. I felt that I was intruding something I should never witness.

So, I never opened the door since. Yet, I've always wondered how he ate his food or took a shower. But I never questioned it. If I knew him well, I know how much of a mystery he is.

My emotions never took the best of me, always keeping itself in closed off in cage. But I feel something wrong whenever I walk past his room. I don't like it, I don't understand it.

I feel like I failed him. But, he's right there. I can see him, no? How can I feel this way if I saved him from a monster waiting to kill him.

You were attached to the wrong string, Taehyung. I pulled you our way to keep you with us.

I saved you, right?

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I felt like a puppet attached to two different strings. One pulled to one side and the other pulled stronger.

Should I go this way? Or should I stay and leave a future behind.

Hey, little Taehyung. I'm ashamed you have to be a wrecked person like me. You should be living a good with your parents and friends.

I'm sorry your future self is probably married off to a serial killer by now. Don't worry, he's a nice one; He won't plan on killing you, I think.

My lifeless arm dragged across the coffee stained rug and onto the wooden floor, picking up the red bag in front of me.

The millions of assignments from school flew across the room. I sighed, promising myself to never pick them up. Finally, I sat down on the bed and filed through the book bag to find anything else I don't want.

In the end, I shoved in my clothing, all hair-ties, and one thumbtack.

The window was my only escape from here. So I threw all of my belongings out.

Then, I hesitated. "What am I doing?" I whispered. "This is wrong..." I spoke louder.

My legs stopped quickly, there muscles tensing. I would've described it as my whole body stopped rotating. But then my brain continue to insult me.

Nothing wrong. You'll be with him. Nothing wrong. You'll be with him It spoke repeatedly, filling my whole mind with the phrase.

It felt like my decisions weren't mine. I wanted to escape, run back to the others and cry for help. But then again, these weren't mine decisions.

My foot stepped onto the ledge, the other one trailing behind. "This is it." I spoke.

I felt bad for the 5 people who helped me through this. They saved me, but now I'm leaving them again.

My rescue was pointless, so please don't do it again.

I took the last peek at my bedroom—

—my feet slipped on the snow of the ledge, but I managed to make a safe landing.

I then ran from the place I should be seeking comfort from.

The dulcet whispers of the wind made me feel badass.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ☾  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Author's Note

I have no excuses for being away this long, therefore I apologize.

For the few months I've been away, my motivation decreased drastically because of our recent situation.

Everyday, I promise myself to continue this book; yet, at the end of the day, I find myself with exhaustion.

I want to apologize to the few people who still read this book. I want to promise myself to continue this book, but I may not have the energy to.

I will try harder to update as quickly as I can. I may not have the following or the popularity as other writers, but this is my opportunity to grow.

Please don't lose hope in me.

Thank you.

- Sekirama