Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Jisoo The Maid

Friday; November 30, 7:48PMJeon Residence

Jeon Residence

Writer's P.O.V

The days pass as the boys were extremely exhausted. They yelled for help for days, only to hear their echoes teasing them.

The pair tried flickering dried out lamps towards the small rectangular window above them, but no one flickered back.

They lost hope. Jimin took care of Taehyung, who was at the bottom of the barrel. He didn't want to eat, sleep, or speak.

Everyday, when the maids passed by, Taehyung would always bang on the door to have them notice him. He'd screamed for help until he lost his voice, worrying Jimin.

When no one noticed them, Taehyung would cry in frustration. It was like a domino affect but on loop for days.

Jimin felt empty as well, seeing his best friend in such a miserable state. They went through the saddest of situations together. But this was the worst Vmin had been in.

If this were the time to say it, Jimin knew the best way to die, was to die with the most important person in your life. Right now, that's Taehyung.

There was another bang on the door, this time softer. Taehyung's eyes lit up as he bolted to the wooden entrance.

"Are you here to help us?" He shouts, scaring the innocent maid.

"N-no... there's a visitor downstairs who was informed about your presence. He would like to discuss things with you."

Taehyung's face drops. "Jimin, let's go."

The maid's eyes widen in surprise when noticing a smaller boy peeking out from behind the taller one.

She stutters, "Um... y-yes of course! Anything to make you feel the most comfortable. While you are at it, may you please allow me to clean your room? It's a task assigned to me by master."

Jimin stares at her in confusion from behind Taehyung. She's the first person to be nice to them in a while. "Um, what's your name maid?" He questions, eyeing her up and down.

"My name? Oh gosh, I forgot to tell you my name! I'm Jisoo, it's nice meeting you two. I already know your names by the way! They've been talking a lot about you downstairs."

Taehyung chuckles, showing his first boxy smile in a while. Jimin's face softens when he sees the crinkles of Taehyung's brown eyes.

"It's great people still know we're here! Bring us down there already! Come on Jiminie!"

He grabs Jimin's hand and tumbles to the door. Slowly and cautiously walking out, Taehyung waits for his eyes to adjust to the light, as it was days since he's seen the light.

Jisoo runs up to them and stops them. "I can't let you go down there yet. You two are in a filthy condition, you should go take a bath. I can't have you be presented like this in front of my master!"

The pair look at what they're wearing for the first time. Their clothing were filled with mud, as their faces were covered with dirt and dried tears.

"A-ah, right... is there a bathroom we could use? Also, do you have extra clothing we could at least borrow?" Taehyung asks, wiping the dirt off his clothes and into the carpet, making Jisoo whine in frustration.

"Mhm! I'll lead the way."

They follow Jisoo down the large hallway. Jimin eyeing her suspiciously, he grabs Taehyung and whispers into his ear, "Don't trust anyone." Taehyung frowns, but nods.

They walk past other hallways. Taehyung stares in awe at the many antique paintings, which he thought to be family treasures.

"Here we are!" Jisoo points out, opening the door to an empty room. Jimin slowly walks in first, holding Tae's hand tightly. "Are you sure this isn't someone's room?"

"This is the guest room, not a lot of people go into this room. The bathroom is the door to the left. I'll be back with your clothes!" She said waving her goodbyes.

Jimin shines her a brief smile, before turning to Taehyung. "You go in first, I'll keep watching outside." Taehyung nods and walks in.

He grabs the random things the maid gave to him, picking up his towel and removing his muddy shirt.

Taehyung pauses, hearing a soft hum from the bathroom. He wraps the towel around his neck and cautiously walks past the door of the bathroom.

He can visibly see a foggy silhouette of a man. The air was too humid for Taehyung to enter.

"H-hello? Who is that?" He hesitated. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you the maid said this room was em-"

"Taehyung?"

Tae pauses, his eyes widen as he backs up to the door, not knowing he locks himself in. "H-how do you know my name!" He shouts, building somewhat of confidence.

The man chuckles, "How's Jimin? I still have that camera you guys dropped! I'll give it back right now after you finish showering."

Taehyung glares at the shadow, "Leave Jimin out of this. Tell me who you are!"

The man roars a burst of laughter, he stops the shower and walks out. Taehyung's eyes sting from the amount of steamed water around the room. He wipes his eyes a few times, only to see the boy slowly walking over to him.

"W-wait! Stop! Don't come near me!" Taehyung warns.

"Taehyung... I've missed you." The boy whispers, pinning Taehyung's arms to the door frame. The shorter boy finally looking up, his eyes darkening in fear.

"J-Jungkook..." he trembles. Jeon hovering over him with a cocky smirk.

"Yeah, It's me."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ☾  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧