Chapter 24

Date published: August 12, 2019

:::

[Shhhh.. did you hear that? You can hear me not caring.

-Scarlett]

:::

S

Scarlett POV

This cought me off guard, a battle? With whom? I looked at the source of the voice and saw it was miss Ersel. She was still on the floor having been pushed by Kecherou. I kept silent, she saw this as a sign to continue.

"If I win you let me marry darling highness, if you win I'll let you have anything you want from us."

Unexpectedly she is quite determined, but.. foolish. She sent a glance at brother who was just looking at me wondering what I will do.

"I disagree"

A simple answer to her request, but she persisted. I looked at mother and father who just finished their breakfast, and is watching this scene unfold. Their eyes are darting to the Horsneinsens expression. Seemingly searching for something.

Why do I have a feeling that the recently discovered problem, the war. Is in relation to the fact that mother and father are acting like a damn stalker excited to get information but ultimately failing on being discreet.

Her faced morffed into what looks like embarrassed and on the verge of snapping. Her mother who was beside her was also fuming, until she whispered something to her daughters ear.

Miss Ersel face brighten as seconds pass by, and within those second I finished my breakfast. Kecherou clapped his hands and maids and butlers started collecting the empty dishes and they also took the food that has been left forgotten by the Horsneinsens.

"Hah I bet your just too scared to agree on the battle. Of course who wouldn't be I have high marks on my magic tutor. And I bet you don't even know how to do a spell. Your just relying on your butler to save your sorry ass!"

Oh wow I didn't know kids these days has language like that! Goodness what is her parents teaching her? They suck at impersonating I shouldn't be surprised that they also suck at parenting (no offense if I did something). Lol talk about parenting fail 101.

I cupped my ear and made a shushing motion with my hand.

"Shhhh.. did you hear that? You can hear me not caring."

My faced broke into a mocking smile seeing her face turn red. She pointed her finger at me her eyes glaring.

"You, you!"

I smirked at her. Casually throwing two middle fingers at her direction. Although confused she noticed that it was insulting. She stretched her arms out to me.

"Fire atop my hand, burn!"

Atop her hand gushed out a fountain of flame unto me, it's a simple spell. One of the beginner spells that usually ends up eating a ton of Mana if your not using it correctly. One of the popular spells, because of its distructive power.

"Barrier...."

Brother muttered as a wall of water surrounded me. This spell wasn't registered, since I tought brother this spell. I looked at brother in panic, he quietly retreated the barrier. I looked at miss Ersel and saw her huffing and puffing.

It seems like she doesn't know how to use the spell correctly, she looks at my face feeling smug. But that expression soon fell when she saw me still unharmed.