Chapter |27|

Date published: March 25, 2020
______________________________________

:::

[ Always reach for the stars! Because even if you miss.....

You'll be miles away from me with your motivational bullshit. ]

:::

Scarlett's POV

I looked at Undine who was pitifully staring at me in a dazed state. Makes me feel a little bit guilty that I did play with him for a little bit before ending the fight completely. What can I say though, I had a new application from the gamers ability, it was called [ Analysis ] .

It can help get an in-depth information from the opponent, or anything in particular. I got when when I was urging Undine to fight me. He was releasing huge waves of mana unlike my brother who usually keeps his energy as close as it can be to himself.

I got curious and started wandering what he could be doing. And it turns out he was just hyping himself out for the fight, of course I learned that after I got the skill which randomly popped up in front of my vision.

After I gave Undine the potion he was stuck at this state, just looking at me. I don't know why though, Im pretty sure his Exh bar was full and so was his HP, he was running low on MP but that was it.

I looked at mother who was the one who told me to heal him because the tournament was almost near, and found her looking at me. I met her gaze and shrugged. I mean what did you expect me to do mother? Let him win? Bullsh- ehem.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Lady Skadi she was looking at me curiously. I froze, then little by little, bit by bit. It hit me.

What have I done?!

Didn't I promise not to reveal anything? Did I use a spell that wasn't in the books? Maybe I did something out of the norm? Of course I did something out of the norm who am I talking about?! Do I have to ask father to erase their memories? Why is she looking at me like that?!

Cold sweat started forming in my back, the dress soaked up the liquid. This dress was a pain in the ass to fight with, but I'm lucky that I'm wearing this right now, it's like an automatic wiper for sweats.

She slowly walked towards me. Damn I forgot! She is also Undine's mother! Is she going to scold me? Ehhh I was the one who asked for it too! What do I do???

"Your highness...." Lady Skadi asked slowly. I fidgeted in my spot, I turned to look at mother who was just watching the exchange. She just stood there smiling acting like nothing is happening. Can't you see my eyes mother?! I'm about to be a goner!

I took a deep breath and faced Lady Skadi, my hands unwrinkled the dress that I was wearing. A weak distraction. "Yes?" Smile Scarlett, smile! Damnit!

"Are you sure that your brother was the one who got the sage's training?" She looked at me from head to toe one last time before bafflement came again. "I highly doubt that he was the only one who had the treatment from the sage." I kept my smile in my face, normally I would be calm and be cool and all that sh*t but everything about this woman throws be out balance for some reason.

"Haha..haha.ha you must be jesting Lady Skadi," I let out a weak laugh, surely maybe her eyes flashed. "Yes jesting,.." I repeated my statement in doubt. I smiled again innocently, for the sake of my goal! Do not attract attention! I repeat! Do not attract attention!

"But you- having defeated an Ailith is an amazing feat, and you- a child excuse me for my rudeness. But you defeating an Ailith is an amazing job by itself!" She eyed me, she wasn't even worried about her son who was standing off the side quietly. I titled my head, unsure on how to respond.