Chapter |30|

Date published:

:::

[ The devil and I get along just fine]

:::

____________________________________________

Scarlett couldn't tell if the looming Shadows were a fragment of her imagination or if it was real. She hurriedly looked at the four people,- now eight to see if they noticed it. And seeing her brother's small structure among the teens. She could tell that only Silvenet noticed.

Silvenet puts the cup down, with a bright expression. This had earned him a few odd looks. Scarlett watched as her brother approached the window seeing all of the people have gathered. He tapped on the frame three times before closing the windows and pulling the curtains over.

That was the signal for Scarlett to hurry and meet them. Scarlett's eyes looked somber for a moment before she moved. Prior to this she had informed her brother that their parents are getting suspicious, then she explained that she would be snooping around the area before the meeting starts so he better get his shit together and make up Trash as to why they were asked to gather together. (White(imposter): red looks sus)

"Your highness Silvenet, I do not mean to come of as rude. But I have been curious as to why we are called here." One of the two girls that came in together had been fidgeting ever since she stepped inside the room, she was certain if not she knew. That she wasn't the only one who felt the burning gaze that followed her from afar. But she couldn't dare to show her unease on her face in fear that the ones following her would know.

But when she saw that the youngest of the group and regrettably one of the most talented participating, smile and walk around as if nothing was holding him down. This made her uneasy mind clear out a bit, and she finally gathered her courage to ask about the situation without stepping on the landmines that had been planted even before she entered the room.

Silvenet's gaze could not be explained when he did not answer the question but instead just mumbled under his breath.

"[Water that gathers under my will, form and block the winds that is within you and filter out the things thus only Silence remains . And so the people who are leading their ears are unaware as to what we are bellowing - [Silence Water Shield] "

Silvenet could not immediately cast the spell, because in doing so it will catch the attention of the people outside the window with only a glass and a flimsy cloth blocking them. He could only chant the words under his breath as the Mana slowly leaves his hands and creates a thin layer of water around them.

"This should keep the conversation to ourselves," Silvenet sighed, before cleaning the table. The girl who had questioned Silvenet before hastily helped the younger kid. Going about how a prince should need help with cleaning.

The person closest to the shield was a guy that looked around 19-20 years old. His dark teal hair was swept to the side. He casually tapped the water shield, with his other hand on his pocket.

"Sir Lukariah, please note although that is a shield, it could easily break because it's main purpose is to filter out sounds not to protect." Silvenet pointed out to the teal haired man now named Lukariah. The Venice colored eyes of Lukariah moved to the bloody red of Silvenet's before snorting.

Silvenet's face contorted hearing his snort but it disappeared as it appeared. Lukariah saw it, that made him sneer.

"Why was I asked to be here your highness, and on top of that when did you notice about the gazes." Lukariah's emotionless tone filled the silence inside the room. The seven remaining people could hear the annoyance that was hidden.