Chapter |29|

Date published: I couldn't keep up, what year is it?

:::

[This chapter feels really good, might just be me y'all]

:::

______________________________________

Third POV

Red eyes zeroed to the place where seemingly no people were in sight. But this is Scarlett and Silvenet were talking about, they are part of a overly OP family with an overly OP parents. So of course it's not what it seems. Scarlett's eyes dangerously gleamed.

She stood up excusing herself from her parents, her mother threw her a glance and her father, well, he waved his hand. She glanced at Ell who was beside here all this time, and taking the hidden command she follows where her young mistress is going too.

Looking back to glance at Silvenet, Scarlett gave a pointed look. Silvenet took the hint. He excused himself from the blue haired teacher that was hovering towards the new participants that just completed the challenge, the teacher spared him a knowing glance and excused him. The participants, didn't bat an eyelash to Silvenet, some Ailith's did but did not comment.

The flags that was in his holds disappeared, within a flash. Scarlett went out from the door, she notices the glances that was exchange from unfimiliar maids, that were  -supposedly- serving their masters. She went past them, behind her Ell looked from her lashes, and spared them no glance.

Scarlett and Silvenet met up on the bottom of the stairs, the two garnered less attention since both of them still were inside the tower. Scarlett stood, her back straight and poised. Her small frame looked liked a doll from afar, still and unmoving, fragile and small.

While Silvenet, leaned on the wall, silent for a little while. Contemplating, wether to start up a conversation. It was no doubt that his sister had sensed the unnatural waves of the air from the different pillars of the coliseum. And it was no secret to both of them that Silvenet felt the burning gaze that was directed at him. Silvenet looked at his sister. Not wanting to say but not having a choice, he really doesn't like his sister knowing and participating in this shenanigans.

"Permission to report." Silvenet sighed, he unknowingly used the tone that was meant only to his father the emperor. For relying information, he doesn't know what to say otherwise. Scarlett's eyes gleamed for a while before replying.

"Granted." Scarlett's lips hadn't moved, but he knew that it was her that said the word. And so he kept his voice low and his eyes on the ground, his hands playing with his armour in fake demeanor of relaxing.

"I noticed the unnatural waves, even before the challenge happened. I had thought that it was one of the hidden guards that the administrator dispatched." His legs shifted, his darting eyes was covered by his hair. " When the challenge begun, they moved. I had not paid no mind to that. But around in the middle of the challenge, they all had zeroed their eyes on the Ailith's"

" Top tiered?" Scarlett asked.

" Affirmative"  Silvenet affirmed.

" They had followed the respective Ailith's whilst not stepping into the grounds of the barrier."

" How can you see from inside the barrier."