Chapter 36

June decided to leave the Cemetery after she gave Klaus the white oak stake

June decided to leave the Cemetery after she gave Klaus the white oak stake. Not wanting to hear Elijah nag at her for giving Klaus the stake but in her eyes it seemed fair. Rebekah said she would've killed Klaus if she was given the chance again so Juniper took that as fair ground. Both want to kill each other so why not let them. To June both siblings are acting like idiots because she knows that they won't actually kill each other they are just mad.

The Claire woman went back to her apartment to grab a change of clothes for Davina and other items that the young resurrected witch might need for the time being. After she had packed a bag for Davina she uses her powers to arrive at the St. Anne's Church. Her hands begin to itch as she walks up the stairs to the attic. June scratches her hands quickly before entering the room.

Davina and Camille are sitting down on the bed. Both of them look up at June when she enters the room, Davina has tears in her eyes. June sets down the bag pulling out a stuffed teddy bear.

"Look who I found." June hands the bear to Davina, giving her sister a soft smile.

"Mr. Mugs," Davina softly laughs wiping her tears away.

"Mr. Mugs?" Camille questions.

"Her favorite toy when she was younger." June answers.

The two woman help Davina relax after another breakdown she had moments after receiving her childhood toy. The young witch lays on the bed with her head on June's lap trying to fall asleep. Davina asks June to sing to her like she would when they were younger to help Davina fall asleep. Camille watches the two Claire siblings interact. June begins to sing "My Neck, My Back" by Khia causing Davina and Camille to laugh. Davina tells her sister that she is being serious but still laughs. June apologizes and lets Davina lay back down before singing "Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, one of Davina's favorite songs.

"Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high

And dreams that you dream of

Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Bluebirds fly

And the dreams that you dream of

Dreams really do come true.

Someday, I wish upon a star

Wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where trouble melts like lemon drops

High above the chimney top

That's where you'll find me..."

Juniper stops singing when she realizes that Davina is asleep. Softly brushing some hair out of Davina's face. June smiles at her sleeping sister grateful that she is back. Camille sniffles gaining June's attention. The blonde wipes her nose with a tissue.

"What's wrong?" June questions.

"That was beautiful." Cami answers blinking away the rest of her tears.

June carefully lifts Davina's head off of her lap and slides out from under her. June stands up opening her arms for a hug. Camille also stands. The two women embrace June squeezes the blonde a little.

"Thank you for everything you've done for Davina. Thank you for being her friend, for watching over her, for just being there for her." They pull apart. "If you ever need anything just let me know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours have gone by when Marcel returns to the attic. June is sitting on the window ceil staring at the outside world. While Cami sits on the bed next to the sleeping Davina. Marcel asks how the young witch is doing.

"She's depressed." June answers turning to look at the overthrown king.

Cami suggests that they emit her into a mental facility where Davina might get help. Marcel shuts down that idea quickly telling both women that he has a better one. He offers that they give Davina back to the witches, where she belongs. Cami and Marcel begin to quietly argue while June stares at her sister's sleeping figure. June stands.

"It's Davina's decision. Not mine, not Cami's and definitely not yours. We can make the suggestion to her but that's about it we won't force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. End of discussion." June crosses her arms.

"I wasn't asking for permission." Marcel glares at June, challenging her.

"And I wasn't joking. She is my sister, not yours. And I am sick and tired of you manipulating her into doing your dirty work. You wanted her to take down the boundary spell from the Cemetery as soon as she woke up so you can get Rebekah back. I promised her that no one will hurt her ever again, and that if they do I will kill them. That includes you. So if you think you can use her again you're wrong." June growls out her hands balling into fists as she tries to stop them from shaking.

Marcel backs down, leaving the attic. Cami looks at June shocked, the blonde knows the Queen of Demons can get violent but she didn't think that June would threaten one of her friends in order to protect her sister.

June asks Cami to watch over Davina for a couple of hours while she goes out to do something. Cami agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juniper leaves the Church for the final time that night to say her final goodbyes to Rebekah. The blonde Original had texted her that Klaus is letting her have her freedom. June had asked to speak to her one last time before she goes. They agreed to meet up in at the old sign that says 'Now leaving New Orleans'.

"Thought you weren't gonna show up." June sits in the hood of her car.

"I wouldn't have if you hadn't done what you did." Rebekah gets out of her car smiling.

"If I'm being honest his demons are fun to play with." June hops off her car smiling.

"Thank you." The two hug smiling.

"What are friends for?" June laughs, pulling back. "Have fun with your new found freedom, but not to much fun. And don't forget to call."

"I will. Take care of Hayley and the little bundle of joy." Rebekah smiles at the Queen of Demons.

"Trust me I will." June walks Rebekah to her car.

Rebekah gets in her car leaning over to the passengers seat she picks up a white box with a black bow on it. She hands it to June.

"Don't open it until your birthday." Rebekah tells the confused June.

"How'd you know my birthday is coming up?" June questions as Rebekah starts her car.

"Davina." Rebekah smirks.

She drives off waving a hand at June as she leaves. June waves back still confused as to why Davina would tell Rebekah when her birthday is; the young witch knows she hates her birthday.