Chapter 49

The sun shines brightly the next morning

The sun shines brightly the next morning. Juniper walks with a tray of coffee and a bag of muffins in her hands. Davina and her friend Joshua sit on the park bench soaking up the sun. The light click of her heels catch both of their attention.

"You guys okay?" Juniper asks handing Josh his coffee, looking up at the spot Davina was staring at.

"Yeah. Just talking about witch stuff." Davina lies taking her coffee. June sits at the end of the bench.

"Marcel came to me yesterday. He wanted a cloaking spell." The young Claire admits. "He's gonna make a move against Klaus. A big move."

"You shouldn't be getting involved in their business," Juniper sighs sipping her coffee.

"You're involved in their business." Davina snaps still upset about their argument last night when Juniper asked her if it would be okay with her if some nights she would stay at the Compound with Hayley. 

"What I'm doing is protecting Hayley and the child that's about to come out of her not helping Klaus prepare for a war."

"No you're just sleeping with him."

"Yeah I've slept with him, Vina. And that's all I've done. He is a grown ass man who can start a war on his own, I'm gonna stay out of it. You should too. And so should Josh." 

Davina huffs looking back at the spot she was staring at before Juniper showed up.

"I gotta go. Hayley needs my help with something." She puts away her phone having read a text message from the pregnant werewolf. "I'll see you back at the apartment. I meant what I said stay out of their business, or it'll get you killed." June stands adjusting the sunglasses on her face before leaving.

~

Inside the Compound Juniper appears in front of Elijah who stands in the Mikaeson study on the phone with his younger brother. Jackson and Oliver are missing, the two were supposed to show up with black kyanite stones hours ago.

Hayley asks Juniper to track down Jackson and Oliver with the help of her demons. Much to wolf's dismay Juniper says no. On the phone Klaus also suggests that Juniper help find the wolves or he will use the back up plan that he has already in motion. Which is to use Davina. 

"Don't even think about dragging her into this, Klaus!" Juniper yells into the phone that she snatched away from Elijah.

"Sorry, love, but either you help me or she does." Klaus says genuinely sorry.

Pinching the bridge of her nose with her eyes closed, June gives in. "Fine but I still want you to bite Josh. You're still gonna need him. Get the information that you need from Davina but don't touch her. I'll meet you at the cemetery in five minutes." Juniper hangs up the phone tossing it back to Elijah. "I'll have my demons start searching for Jackson just in case and I'll let you know if anything come up." With a sigh she mutters. "Y'all are turning me into a fucken hypocrite."