Chapter 48

The actual funeral for Father Kieran lasted most of the morning, afterwards comes the long march to the cemetery where the Priest will be buried in his family plot

The actual funeral for Father Kieran lasted most of the morning, afterwards comes the long march to the cemetery where the Priest will be buried in his family plot. The Queen of Demons walks side by side with the Original Hybrid and her favorite pregnant werewolf. Klaus side eyes Juniper seeing the blank expression on her face he nudges her with his elbow. 

"What?" June asks adjusting her hat to see Klaus better. 

"Whats wrong, little demon?" He not realizing his hand is brushing against her.

June shakes her head, "Nothing. Just don't like funerals that's all." she shrugs. 

Hayley turns to the two. "Do you think I was the target of those bombings?" She coughs into her elbow shivering slightly. 

Juniper takes off her jacket wrapping it around Hayley. The Demon Queen crosses her arms as she watches Hayley slip her arms through the sleeves wrapping it around herself tighter. Muttering a quick thanks. 

"Of course you were. If I were to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill. I would string you up for all your worshipers to see." Klaus answers smirking as he visualizes how he would start an never ending war. 

Juniper can't help but let out a soft laugh,"Well don't sound so excited," 

"I believe that was my brother's way of telling you he'd like you to return home with us." Elijah buds in. "Perhaps try a different approach, Niklaus, with fewer references to murder." 

"As much as I would hate to throw you over my shoulder and drag you kicking and screaming to the Compound, we both know I will for the sake of my child." Klaus threatens with a smile. 

Hayley scoffs "One bad dream, and suddenly you want to be a responsible daddy."  

Juniper cringes. That word just shouldn't be used anymore. Klaus leans over Juniper to grab Hayley's arm pulling her towards him leaving the Queen of Demons to shuffle closer to Elijah. 

"You know my father lived to torment me. It is not my intention to become him. This cycle of misery ends with my child." The short fuzzed Hybrid whispers in his baby mamma's ear. 

Hayley chuckles throwing Klaus arm off her shoulder, "You forgot one thing in your attempt to plead your case. She's not your child. She's ours." 

Hayley grabs Juniper's hand taking her up to the front of the march to Camille. Juniper shrugs at the Hybrid before she is completely dragged away muttering something along the lines of Hayley having a point.

When the two friends walk up to Camille Hayley quickly clears her throat causing Juniper to look at her.

"Hayley, hi. Hey June." Cami offers them a small weak smile. 

"Hi. I know you don't know me. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your Uncle, he was really good to people like me during the storm, and I really appreciated that." Hayley tells the blonde.