Chapter 50

Tick

Tick. Tock. Tick, screams echoed through the city of New Orleans. Tock, agonizing screams over lost loved ones. Painful screams due to toxins flowing through veins like sandpaper, tick. Panicked screams crying out for anyone to hear, tock. Tick, angry screams and desperate attempts to get free, tock. Tick. Tock.

But the screams weren't loud enough. Tick, with everyone screaming no once could hear. Tock. Still goes the broken Church clock, nothing moves but still it goes.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

The pleading screams that came from Hayley Marshall brought tears in Juniper's eyes. Both women thrashed as hard as they could but it was useless against the iron grip the witches had.

Hayley was dragged in first, the baby was coming now. There was no more time. The witches couldn't get to the City of the Dead to perform the sacrifice.

Juniper was next. Thick heavy spelled chains prohibited her from calling upon her demons for help. With Lucifer gone, she was powerless. There was no more time.

The two Harvest witches and Genevieve had to get the baby out now. They had no more time. Hayley still fought for her's and her daughters life as Juniper once did. There she laid on the steps of the Church with the baby ready to come out.

Monique and Cassie, the two Harvest witches, held down Juniper with one hand while Hayley was moves to the alter. The Queen of Demons had no more time.

The ball in Juniper's mouth kept her from summoning her own demon which was held in place by its own thick metal bar wrapped around her head. More thick metal wrapped itself around her hands preventing her from clawing her way out of this situation. Her feet bound together so she wouldn't kick. Two heavy metal bands bound her arms to her side. She was chained like a rabid dog .

When the powerful witches were needed they switched places with five regular witches. The Harvest witches focused on Hayley while the five continued the sacrifice from years ago.

With the many many hours of perfecting the spell that transformed the simple witch that once was Juniper Claire came planning. They waited for the right time, and now they had it.

Still both women fought. They fought till there was no more time left.

Juniper was the first to go.

The five witches were quick with their spell. The eldest took hold of the axe that rested on the Church bench. Juniper cried to Hayley saying that she was sorry. But sorry wasn't good enough, it wouldn't stop the loud ticking of the Church clock that taunted them.

Tock.

She ran out of time.

With one clean chop the Queen of Demons was no more.