Chapter 39

Juniper is laying in her bed not finding the energy to go out and do anything like she has for the past couple of days

Juniper is laying in her bed not finding the energy to go out and do anything like she has for the past couple of days. She hasn't answered her phone, or been outside of her room in a while. Davina knows why Juniper is like this but hasn't done anything to help because she doesn't know how to. The young witch knows that her sister hates this time of year even though she loved it when she was younger.

There's a knock on June's bedroom door, "Hey June I'm going to the Cemetery to practice my magic, I'll be back soon okay?" Davina tells her through the door.

"Okay..." June rolls over in bed staring off into space, "Vina... I love you."

"Love you too June. Um... Happy Birthday."

"Thanks..." June wraps her arms around her stomach, tears brimming her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At noon June finally leaves her room to get something to drink. She freezes seeing a birthday card on the counter along with a little box wrapped in a present. A small melancholy smile forms on her lips. She silently thanks Davina for her present as she opens the card, listening to the recording of it sing happy birthday. Her phone begins to ring. Distracting her from the card. Looking at her cell phone she sees a message from Rebekah. The blonde Original tells her happy birthday, another melancholy smile reaches her lips. June sends her a thank you message.

The heavy knock on the front door pulls Juniper out of her thoughts. She sighs before opening the door. A man holding a large box wrapped in black colored wrapping paper that has white polka dots on it. Before the Queen of Demons can question the man the big bad Original Hybrid steps in front of the man.

"Can we come in, love?" Klaus asks.

Juniper steps aside holding the door wide open for Klaus and the stranger. Klaus tells the man to set the box on the floor in front of the couch then Klaus uses compulsion to make him leave the apartment and forget ever helping Klaus.

June clears her throat before asking, "You wanna tell me what you're doing here and what's in the box?"

Truth be told Juniper was glad that Klaus came. It made her unbearable day slightly bearable.

"Well it is your birthday, is it not?"

June stays silent for a few seconds, her hand slightly brushes over the scar on her stomach. "I need a drink. Want one?" She runs her hands through her hair, trying to gain her composure.

Going to her kitchen June bites her lip. Pulling down her liquor from the top shelf, she stares at the bottle full of clear liquid. Noticing her reflection in the glass her bottom lip begins to tremble. Juniper quickly covers her mouth to hide the sobs that are desperately trying to escape. Her body shakes as the tears flow down her pale cheeks.

The demons in her head whisper to her, feeding off of her pain, they like watching her suffer. June has very little control over them considering she's trying to keep her own at bay but with them picking at her brain she looses a little bit of control by the minute.