Chapter 47

The day of life bring people the greatest sadness, while the day of death brings the greatest joy

The day of life bring people the greatest sadness, while the day of death brings the greatest joy. At least that's how it is to Juniper. The Queen of Demons sits next to Lucifer in a round booth across from the psychotic Original Hybrid. 

A lively Irish band plays, all the other guests dance and cheer celebrating the life of the beloved Priest. Juniper stares at the upset Hybrid, who's fiddling with his drink. Klaus looks up at Juniper after feeling a pair of eyes on him, she offers him a small smile knowing what terrors are haunting his mind. 

Marcel Gerard walks into Rousseau's making eye contact with the hostile Hybrid, he's only here because he was granted a day of sparing to be there for Camille. To everyone's surprise the overthrown king of New Orleans makes a toast at the Priest's wake. 

"I know I haven't been around these parts lately. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink and a story or two. Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died twenty-five years ago." Marcel begins, causing June to crack a small pitiful smile. "And- damn it- that guy could party. That was of course before he took his vows, but even then he was committed to the Quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And we still do. To Father K." Marcel raises a glass he poured himself. 

"To Father K." Everyone raises their glasses cheering respectfully.

Juniper takes a sip of her Bourbon setting the glass back down on the table, her dark eyes follow the upset bartender to the kitchen. June quickly mutters an excuse following Camille. 

The mourning blonde bartender has a hand over her mouth trying to pull herself. Juniper wraps her arms around her friend, Cami begins to sob. 

"I know sweetie, just let it all out." Juniper consoles Cami rubbing her back. "It's okay to cry, just let it out. No one will judge you."  

"Looks like we had the same idea," Francesca comes inside from the back door smirking at Juniper and Cami. "It's Cami right?"

Cami hastily wipes away her tears, Juniper keeps an arm around the blonde's shoulder glaring at the rude Francesca. 

"What do you want?" June growls. 

Francesca chuckles, "Hi Juniper. Cami I've been informed that Kieran's necklace is missing, and the key that he always wore, I assume he left it for me." She smiles at Cami.

Juniper scoffs, of course this bitch has no humanity. "Excuse me?" Cami asks. 

"How rude of me, I'm Francesca Correa. I took over your Uncle's position as faction representative when his mental faculties were compromised." The woman still wears a smile

Cami crosses her arms, "His faculties weren't compromised, he was hexed." 

"Hexed by one of our enemies." What is this bitch up to? June narrows her eyes at the woman ready to rip her head off. "Look, I'm invested in protecting the people of this city. And to do that, I need the key."