Chapter 29

The group arrives at the Compound

The group arrives at the Compound. All three of them watch the Noble Mikealson inspect Papa Tunde's body. For the past twenty minutes Juniper has watched Elijah inspect the powerful witch's body as she hums to herself. Klaus eyes Juniper as she hums to herself before turning back to Elijah annoyed. 

"Can I get you anything brother? A magnifying glass, a pipe perhaps?" The Hybrid asks causing June to chuckle. 

"Is there a theory you'd like to share Niklaus?" Elijah looks up from the body unamused.  

"Back in the day if the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel said. 

"It's a rather large and ominous chicken. Wouldn't you say?" Elijah remarks.

Juniper steps forward, looking at Klaus as he speaks. "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be their prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" 

The Queen of Demons opens her mouth to speak but gets cut off by Rebekah. "Well, don't you all look cheery. Listen to this; a girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the City of the Dead. It was Monique Deveraux." 

Both Marcel and Juniper look at each other. Juniper finally putting the pieces together. 

"The tourists thought it was part of the show but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Rebekah explains. 

"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost when suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how were going to get Davina back. Kill the witch who took her place." Marcel gets excited. Everyone turns to look at Juniper who is once again about to say something but gets cut off by Hayley. 

"I have a theory about who one of them could be." Hayley shows everyone the pictures of Celeste that Davina drew. "Celeste. I mean it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us. She was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." 

"Great. First it's a psycho with a blade wanting revenge on your crazy ass." Juniper points to Klaus. "Now it's your crazy ex- girlfriend who wants revenge." She then points to Elijah before turning to Rebekah. "Rebekah do you have a witch who wants revenge on you?" 

"Juniper has a point. This isn't witches versus vampires. They're declaring war on us." Klaus tells them. 

"Yeah. Well have fun with planning because I am going to get something to eat. Come on Hayley. You're coming with me." Juniper motions for Hayley to follow as she grabs her purse from a chair. 

"Give me a minute. I have to grab something." Hayley tells the woman with dyed hair. 

"I'll be in the car." Juniper tells her, walking away humming the same song from earlier. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juniper and Hayley are in the car driving to their destination. Juniper pulls up into the Plantation's driveway gaining Hayley's attention. The pregnant werewolf gives June a confused look as to why they are here.

"I know about the party you want to throw for your pack and I was asked to bring you here for your protection." Juniper explains. 

"How do you know about the party?" Hayley questions. 

"Eve told me. Oh and before I forget Rebekah is coming to keep an eye on you too." Juniper shrugs, walking up the steps as Hayley stands there shocked. 

"Wait. You know Eve?" Hayley grabs Juniper by the arm stopping her from going inside. 

"I know all of the Crescent wolves. My best friend is one of them." Juniper explains chuckling at Hayley's expression. 

Both women turn facing the driveway as another car pulls up. Rebekah parks her car next to Juniper's and exits her car.  The blonde Original looks at something behind the two. Juniper turns around to see the front door open revealing a man with a red dolly. 

"Who the bloody hell is that?" Rebekah asks eyebrows scrunched together. 

"Kegs out back right?" Juniper asks the man before taking out her wallet to pay him. 

"Yep." The man answers taking the money from June, before leaving. 

"One thing you have to know is that the wolves love good beer. Now I'll get started inside while you explain to Rebekah," Juniper smiles at the pregnant werewolf before walking inside the Plantation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Hayley explained to Rebekah about the plan to invite the Crescent werewolves over when they turn human on the full moon, they began to set up the party. Hayley was outside in the back hanging clothes on the clothes-line so the werewolves would have something to wear. While Rebekah was also out back hanging up lights and putting out seats for the wolves. 

 Juniper, on the other hand,  was in the kitchen plating the food and snacks they ordered. She listens to music in the kitchen humming along to the songs. One song after another she continues to hum until a song come on that she can't resist to sing. 

"Insane, inside the danger gets me high.

Can't help myself got secrets I can't tell.

I love the smell of gasoline.

I light the match to taste the heat.

I've always liked to play with fire,
Play with fire.

I've always liked to play with fire.

I ride the edge my speed goes in the red.

Hot blood these veins my pleasure is their pain.

I love to watch the castles burn.

These golden ashes turn to dirt.

I've always liked to play with fire,
Play with fire.

Play with fire,
Fire, fire.

I've always liked to play with fire.

Watching as the flames get higher.

I've always liked to play with fire.

Right of passage classic maverick.

Match in the gas tank oh that's wretched. Unstoppable legendary animals.

Digital justice you're gonna know us hail to the king and queen of the ruckus. Yacht Money wired. 

No denying.

I've always liked to play with fire,
Play with fire.

Play with fire,
Fire, fire.

I've always liked to play with fire... The Queen of Demons finishes the song. Feeling relaxed. She doesn't know that her demons are trying to warn her, just like they have about a certain witch that hexed Father Kieran. 

Once she is done with the food, Juniper goes outside to help the girls finish setting up for the full moon.