16

"Thank you," Hendery says as the two of us walk next to the Han River, enjoying the cool breeze, "For becoming my girlfriend. I thought you wouldn't feel the same and I was moving too fast-"

"Hey," I stop in my track and face him, "I wondered for a long while when you would ask the question. I even considered asking you out myself but then I got busy so I just waited."

"God, you're adorable," He says as he kisses my temple and intertwines our hands again, "I'm glad I met you, I'm glad I went on the blind date with Sehun."

"Me too," I whisper as I look at him from the corner of my eyes, "It's a miracle."

"Yeji, I know we just started dating," Hendery begins as he looks at me, "But I don't want us to keep secrets, okay?"

"I want to tell you everything and I wish you do the same," He smiles softly, making my insides feel fuzzy, "I can't be around you a lot. My group, Wayv, we just debuted in China and I am busy with promotions and as a part of NCT, we have so many interviews and photoshoots to attend."

My heart sinks in my chest when I realise that Hendery's group is the same as Ten. It was quite obvious actually but I never wanted to accept it.

I kept on dismissing the evidence, kept on refusing the idea that it was possible. I was just trying to save myself from the heartbreak but sadly, it's inevitable.

"Did-Did I say something wrong?" Hendery places his hands on my face and makes me look at him, "Why are you crying, love?"

"I'm just being emotional today," I chuckle weakly as he uses his fingers to wipe away my tears, "Don't worry."

"Are you sure? You don't have to keep secrets from me, you know that, right? I want you to know that you can trust me."

I nod my head at him and give him a small smile, "I know."

My heart remains in pain as we take a stroll around the neighbourhood.

Why?

Why did it had to be the same group?

Why was life being like this again?

It's a short chapter but oh well- drama is around the corner...