Chapter 1

New York been in silence and regret. The citizens look everywhere they go in fear and don't go in alleyways anymore. After dark people try to stay away from abandoned places or even dark neighborhoods.

In an abandoned factory south side of new York a white haired teenager looked at the sky sighing to himself. The teen was no from this world or nearly human to say the least Kaneki Ken rememberers a month ago he was fighting to try to save the manager from a CCG raid in the twentieth ward. He closed his eyes then punched a wall in frustration making a wood paneling crack on impact.

Kaneki hated it dreaded it even when he has to go hunt for food. The ghoul jumped out the building landing pulling up his hoodie and zipping up his mask. He walked the alley smelling a rat he jumped pouncing on it unzipping his mask taking a bite. A flash was shined on him "Sir you taken any drugs..?" Kaneki in his mind cursed at him he can't have any witnesses. The ghoul got up the officer pulled his gun "don't move."

The air was thick of tension till Kaneki broke the silence "I'm so sorry..." the officer raised an eyebrow only to feel his neck sliced open. Kaneki looked to see the man grabbing his neck blood spilling everywhere his eyes reflecting his red glowing kagune. He cracked his fingers calling his organ back disappearing into thin air walking an kneeling down next to the dying officer.

"You weren't supposed to be here... I'm so hungry... try too feed in rats but that doesn't satisfy me that much..." the office took a last gulp of breath dying. This made Kaneki take a bite off the officers neck savoring the taste. Ripping everything apart his insides everywhere he gets up zipping up his mask. Before walking away bowed down "I'm so sorry..." he ran away jumped in the air onto a roof looking for a new hideout.

After a couple of hours Kaneki found a abandoned hospital making his walk into seeing the place is nice and creepy. He took off his mask smelling the air for anyone but got nothing. The thinks to himself home sweet home but then snapped into reality that he killed a cop and that every police officer would be looking for whoever did it. He grabs his hair then sits down remembering his first time on this world was hard even being on the news. That was his fourth kill in over a month he realized he need to stop but his kakuja need more food to keep it in check.

The ghoul just leaned back looking at the ceiling remembering looking at the news paper the other day talking about him. This makes him sigh really missing home but knows there's nothing there for him anymore the coffee shop is gone and everyone probably died. Kaneki shock his head he wants to be back in his world making him feel tears go down his face he wipes them away. "I'm so sorry I failed you guys..."