Chapter 26

Kaneki arrives at his apartment taking his coat off placing it on a hanger. The ghoul proceeded into his home taking his glasses of placing them on the table next to his keys. Apartment size is medium he didn't complain when fury showed were he would now be living since he trusted him more. He went to his room till he stopped looking in the mirror seeing his eyepatch mask on the drawer making him remember things.

"Your a couslon now."

The ghoul looked down in shame even though it's been almost two weeks. He sighed in frustration who was he gonna be eyepatch from agori or black reaper from shield. Kaneki went to the restroom getting ready to take a shower he undressed entering letting the water hit his raven head.

This made him contemplate about everything he ever did in his world and this one. He lathered up some shampoo digging into his scalp.

After his shower he's dressed in pajamas heading to the living room sitting on his couch. Turning on the television he skimmed threw the channels till it was on the news. He watched it seeing they were still talking about the damage of New York. Kaneki looked around the room till he saw his phone vibrated picking it up.

Tony: hey eyepatch it's me iron man your favorite co-worker. We need to talk about when you first arrived her and want to know more about your world. Tomorrow 4:30pm. My place I'll send address.

His blank facial expression had him role his eyes replying fine. The ghoul kept watching the news only to feel himself drift off to sleep.

Kaneki mind:

The ghoul looked around only to be alone in a checkered room making him see a chair in the middle. Memories of him being tortured by Jason played making him watch. "You need me Kaneki.." he turned around to see his kakuja looking at him his white hair stained with blood.

Kaneki looked at him emotionless "I don't need your power. I've become stronger without you." This made the kakuja hiss in anger only for Rize and Jason to appear as well. "Kaneki ken." He the two speak in unison which made him raise an eyebrow.

"If you were strong enough your father Coulson would still be alive. Your weak as always. Just like when hide died in your arms. Manager. Everyone. Dead." Kaneki saw bodies on the floor only for Jason to appear behind him "You were always pathetic ken." The ghoul activated his kagune slicing him in half turning into dust.

"It's better to be hurt than to hurt others that's what you kept telling yourself. You were easy prey that got me killed." Kaneki stabbed her lifting her in the air making her turn into dust only his kakuja was left. "You can't kill me cause I'm apart of you. Your gonna need me sooner or later ken. Your gonna need my power to protect them from titans." The kakuja disappeared only to orange, blue, green, yellow, red and purple orbs apear in a like a fist.

Out of Kaneki's mind :

The ghoul woke up looking around only too see that it was morning the tv was still on he grabbed the remote only to pause seeing the headline.

'Cannibal back from the shadows.'

Kaneki gets up calling fury only to be told to investigate and to bring his partner Furuta. The ghoul gets ready from a shower to only get dressed drying his hair dialing his partner. "Hello Furuta's line?" Kaneki heads for the door grabbing his glasses putting them on "Furuta-San it's me I'm picking you up. We got work to do." The ghoul heads for his car heading towards shield HQ only for the images of the orbs appeared making him stop seeing he was already outside the facility. Furuta came out with a smile and coffee entering the car "here you go Kaneki-Ken my my you look dashing as usual." Kaneki starts to drive only for his partner drink his own coffee "what are we investigating?"

The ghoul remained silent till he made it to New York "Murder someone or something is eating people. We're just here too see what happened. If it's a shield manner or not." Furuta nods smiling softly only to see cop cars everywhere. They both exit the car heading towards the scene "ID please." The ghoul pulled out his badge from shield same with Furuta "Home land security." The cop nods leading the way to the body only for Furuta to stop seeing blood from the body. Only Kaneki looked around only to look back at the cop and seeing CSI team come in "any claims from witnesses that found the body." Cop pulled out a bag showing a driver's license showing the name Christopher Salinas.

Furuta looked seeing a stain on the coat taking a snip. "Hey what are you doing ?" Kaneki looked also seeing his partner take a sniff from the dead body only for him to make a face stepping away "he was at a bar the stain is alcohol. Kaneki I suggest we go to the nearest bar and find out what happened." He nods leaving the cop with questions only to head towards the bar not to far away. The men walked into the bar only for the bar tender to look at them "what would you guys be having ?"

The ghoul looked at him with a serious face "we need to ask you some questions and see security footage." The bar tender looked at them seeing the badges nodding taking them to the side of the bar. "What's wrong why homeland security here?" Furuta cleared his throat only to answer the question "did you have a person by the name of Christopher Salinas yesterday ?" He nods only for Kaneki to get to the point "he was murdered and we want to know who he was with security footage."

Furuta looked at him shocked for being blunt only for the man to hold his head showing them to the back. "Chris dead no way that not possible. I thought he scored with that green haired goddess." Kaneki looked at the computer seeing them come in "stop right their." The footage stopped only for Kaneki's eyes to widen in shock and almost fear. He was looking at the one eyed owl. Eto.