twelve! ⋆ YOU SAVED ME

⋆ jenny may // trader horne⋆ nocturnal me // echo & the bunnymen

⋆ nocturnal me // echo & the bunnymen

KATE NEVER LIKED BEING ALONE; so when she was forcefully shoved into a small vacant room by herself, she was immediately on edge

KATE NEVER LIKED BEING ALONE; so when she was forcefully shoved into a small vacant room by herself, she was immediately on edge. She had no idea where they'd put Joyce and her father, and she couldn't help but worry – but there was absolutely no point in it. The small glance she'd gotten before being pushed into the cell was probably the last time she'd see them. Kate knew it was highly unlikely they'd get out alive.

She pounded on the door, desperate for someone, anyone, to get her out of there. "Let me out! Somebody, please!"

After a few minutes had passed, she heard the jingling of keys and the sound of the door unlocking. She took several steps back, almost pressing herself against the wall. Kate could only hear the sound of heavy footsteps for a moment, until the man walked into the dim light.

It was the same man that was chasing after her earlier that day. She'd only recently learned his name: Dr. Brenner. He still wore the same suit and tie with the ever familiar dark trench coat – Kate recognised him from somewhere, but couldn't exactly put her finger on it.

"The girl. We know you've been hiding her... Tell me where she is."

Kate didn't move from her spot. She looked ahead at the older man, determined not to say a single word about Eleven. He took a step forward, causing Kate to take a step back. She was fully against the wall before the man motioned over to the small table next to them.

"Sit," he said, but she still didn't move. He shot her a look. "Sit."

This time she listened.

As she sat down in the hard metal chair, Brenner began to shrug off his trench coat. "Six."

"What?"

"Six. Six people have been taken this week. This thing that took Will Byers and Barbara Holland... We don't really understand it," the older man confessed softly. "Its behaviour is predictable: like all animals, it eats. It will take more Will's, more Barbara's. I want to save them, I want to save your friends, but I can't do that. Not unless you tell me about the girl."