nineteen! ⋆ IT'S NOT MY FAULT

( songs for the chapter )⋆ soleil // françois hardy⋆ she's always a woman // billy joel

⋆ soleil // françois hardy
⋆ she's always a woman // billy joel

( songs for the chapter )⋆ soleil // françois hardy⋆ she's always a woman // billy joel

"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP PACING?" Jim groaned to his daughter. The blonde was biting at her nails as she nervously walked back and forth on their wooden porch.

When she got home after school, Eleven was no where to be found. She immediately called her dad after checking the premises of their cabin, and Jim told her that he'd gotten a call from a woman that had seen her, who said El was trying to get to school.

Kate's father was a lot more relaxed than she expected. She knew he was probably fuming on the inside, but he certainly didn't look like it. Jim wasn't really worried about El – he knew she would come back, because she had no where else to go. However, he was furious that she had disobeyed every single one of his rules, while simultaneously being careless enough to let herself be seen.

"Maybe you should just wait inside," Kate advised, stopping her pace as she turned to look at her dad. "She won't come if she sees you and knows you're mad."

"She's coming," Jim affirmed.

"How do you know that?"

He didn't respond. Instead, he turned his attention behind his daughter, nodding in that direction.

Kate turned her head around, seeing a small silhouette standing in the middle of a woods. It was a sight that would normally scare the hell out of her, but she knew it wasn't some hacksaw serial killer. It was El.

She saw the young girl step over the trip wire, as she ran down the steps of the porch. The blonde wrapped her sister tightly in her arms. Eleven reciprocated the embrace with the same intensity.

"El," Kate sighed out with a relieved smile. "Where did you go?"

The younger girl didn't answer. She stepped away from Kate's arms and turned her hardened gaze towards Hopper, who extinguished his cigarette in the ash tray beside him. Eleven slowly made her way to the porch and into the house. Jim waited for his oldest daughter to get in too, before following behind her and slamming the door shut.