thirty two! ⋆ LOOK AT ME, BILLY

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet dreams // eurythmics⋆ material girl // madonna⋆ hungry like the wolf // duran duran

⋆ sweet dreams // eurythmics
⋆ material girl // madonna
⋆ hungry like the wolf // duran duran

( songs for the chapter )⋆ sweet dreams // eurythmics⋆ material girl // madonna⋆ hungry like the wolf // duran duran

KATE AND BILLY WERE BEGINNING to mend whatever was left of their friendship. Despite her lingering feelings of anger, she was starting to think that Billy wasn't the same person he was a few months ago. He was being nice, which is more than Kate ever really expected from him after everything that had happened. It made her reminisce on the time she'd stayed over at his house – the one and only time Kate was able to break down his walls; to see him truly happy.

So, when Heather went to take her lunch break, the blonde wasn't completely dreading the second half of her shift. She was even somewhat excited to see Billy, which was an emotion Kate never expected to feel.

He exited the backroom, and even from a distance, she could immediately tell he looked sick. He was terribly pale and looked like he hadn't been getting much sleep. Kate watched with furrowed brows as he stumbled down the side of the pool and to the lifeguard stand. She grabbed his hand to help him up, afraid he'd fall without it.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

Billy didn't respond. He looked up at the sun before groaning quietly. He shut his eyes for a moment and Kate placed a hesitant hand on his shoulder. A deep red burn began to grow on his arm.

"Oh, my God," she whispered.

Billy opened his eyes quickly and looked down at his arm before looking up at Kate. She jumped down from the post before helping Billy down, too. His arm draped over her shoulder as he leaned the entirety of his weight on the blonde.

"Heather, you need to get back up there," Kate said as she passed by the brunette who was sitting at a picnic table, surrounded by several of boys.

"Is he okay?" she asked, seeing the lifeguard's horrid state. He was dripping with sweat and looked close to completely passing out.

"Does it look like he's okay?"

Kate guided Billy to the shower, turning it to the coldest setting. She stood beside him as he leaned against the wall, letting the water pour over him. He looked down at his arm and noticed that the burn had festered. Kate reached out cautiously to grab his hand and he let her.