___CHAPTER SIXTEEN___

:  HAHAHA!
:  He's happy?!
:  FOOL!
:  I'll make sure he suffers!
:  And show her our true colors~

_____

___Y/N'S POV

In the morning, my life was always so hectic. But this morning felt oddly calm. As if something was about to happen and second—

"Good morning, sis."

My eyes shot open and were met with the vivid eye color of my brother's eyes instead of my trusty ceiling fan. I let out a quiet gasp before frowning a bit at the sight.

Obnoxious spoiled brat, Tyler L/n.

"Good morning... Tyler...?"

Tyler smiled and pulled me up from my bed. Winced but sat up regardless. It was still rather difficult to see, and that didn't even include trying to focus on what was in front of me because of all the sleep still in my eyes. But luckily, his features stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it and started going on with an explanation before I could even ask my question.

"Yeah, yeah... I know you don't want to see me and that I woke you up from your little beauty sleep, but I came home last night around the time that you're usually still up. Mom and Dad told me that you went to bed early though for your optimal rest, so I made you breakfast instead. Please don't be too mad at me." Tyler rubbed the back of his head and my eyes widened, nearly rolling out of my head.

This is NOT my younger brother...

"Tyler... Thank you." I whispered softly with a smile. I got up from my bed and slid my house shoes on to avoid touching the cold hallway floor directly.

"No problem sis!" He took me by the shoulders from behind and started leading me down to the kitchen. I marched onwards with a small sigh, glad that I wasn't necessarily moving on my own.

"Why are you doing all this though?" I asked softly, my feet now dragging after me as I practically let him do all the work and walk for me.

"Well, this might sound a little selfish, but..." Tyler started and my face started to heat up at what he could possibly say.

Selfish...?

When has he ever NOT been selfish?

But... he sounded sincere just then so I'll hear him out...

"My friend recently lost his younger sister to some mysterious "illness" and I put myself in his position. It hurt me, so I decided to take a few days off to cherish my big sis. Because you never know what's out there." Tyler explained and hugged me from behind.

Tears were in my eyes and I smiled. "Aw, Ty! You're so sweet! I love you so much!" I giggled and turned around in his embrace, hugging him back with a big smile on my face.

"I love you too, big sis."

___TIME SKIP

THREE NEW MESSAGES:

Red: Hey
Red: I got you something
Red: I hope you haven't waited too long

I read through Red's text and blushed. A smile crept on my face as I came up with a somewhat decent response. Decent enough to give him. Texting Red made me nervous as hell because if I said something weird, he'll think I'm weird and then things will just—

...

FUCK IT.

WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!

STOP DOING THAT!

—I don't remember what I was going on about. But all that mattered was my date with Red. Just the thought alone made me blush.

Y/n: I'm still walking, so don't worry!
Red: Be careful out there Y/n
Red: I'll be there shortly
Y/n: Red, it's okay
Y/n: Love you

I sighed and tried to get over my nerves. I slapped the blush out of my cheeks before sliding my phone into my back pocket.

Hopefully he'll text me back...

I was walking down the street and on my way to the address Red had sent me prior to our most recent texts and conversation. He had been texting me ever since he woke up this morning which was an hour later than I had. He was cute when he texted and responded much faster than I ever could.

I stepped in front of the arcade doors and inhaled deeply. I hadn't gone on a genuine date in what seemed like forever, so my nerves were haywire and the butterflies were going crazy as well. But I was going to be with Red, so I wasn't too worried about anything really. I exhaled and opened the front doors, stepping in and letting the cool air blow against me and bringing a chill down my spine.

Red wasn't there yet.

I looked around as I waited and smiled at the little arcade. It was unlike most of the arcades in this town and bared a very pleasant atmosphere. It was a little more vintage, gaming wise, but modern in the sense of style wise.

It was a black light place that had all the best old school games ever made. I was so awestruck by it all and everything surrounding me, that I didn't even take notice of the hot guy that had waltzed through the front doors.

"Hey you, eyes on me." His husky voice lured me away from the scenery without hesitation. A big smile spread across my face and I ran into his open arms. Red laughed softly and embraced me tightly. His strong, muscular arms wrapped themselves around my smaller body in a protective manner.

Red was wearing a black shirt with a bloody Charizard having been conquered by a Pikachu with bloody eyes. It was unsettling for the most part, but very symbolic. He had on a casual pair of red joggers on and no hat on his head. His cute messy hair was the cutest thing ever to me.

I buried myself in his loving hold and wanted to just stand there forever. His scent enveloped me completely and listening to his heart race made this moment feel even more significant to me. "You're wearing my hat...?" His voice was low in a very charming way that whispered in my ear and lingered. My breath hitched and I nodded slightly. "O-Of course I am..."

He pulled away from the hug but kept an arm wrapped around my waist. "I got you something. It's a bit cheesy, but at the same time, it was a cute idea that my friend gave me. Unfortunately, there was only one color available."

I smiled as I watched him pull out a bag and hold it out for me to take. I grew overly excited about it and quickly grabbed it from him.

"Aw! Red! Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be great!" I hugged the gift bag close. Red looked at me with a cute shy expression as he subtlet nodded. "W-Well... B-Before you put it on... I need to ask,"

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and stepped closer to me. My face lit up and I was almost immediately about to protest.

No Red!

We can't get married!

We're not even—!

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

________

(this chapter was originally two pages longer but was cut due to time consumption. instead, it'll be turned into chapter seventeen and the chapter seventeen originally planned will become chapter eighteen and so forth- thank you for your consideration! see you in the next chapter!)