9 - Girl Time

Steve's POV

Everyone scattered when I ended the meeting. Scanning the crowd, I looked around, trying to spot the blonde girl in the crowd. I caught a glimpse of her walking towards an elevator, along with Tony. Hope she isn't doing what I think. "Tony's taking her to her room. He wouldn't try anything too soon." I hear a voice say behind me, Natasha putting a hand on my shoulder. "You like her, don't you?" I feel a faint heat go across my cheeks before she smiles. "I'll take that as a yes." She chuckles before walking around to face me. "It's okay, you know. You don't have to be so high and mighty all the time. I understand there's a lot going on with being a hero and shit. You can still have a life. I can tell that she's a good person. If you want to go after her, I support it. And I'm damn sure Hot Topic and the Birdmen over there will too." She looks over at Bucky and Steve, who's laughing with Clint. She walks towards them, leaving me to my own thoughts. 

With all this Hydra stuff going on, I haven't had time to think about myself. Do I like Emily? She is cute. And funny. And she doesn't seem to be afraid of what's going on in her life. She's strong, both physically and mentally. It's been a while since I've seen someone like her. Emily's someone I would be afraid to piss off. A smile grows on my lips before I feel someone punch me in the shoulder. "Whatcha thinking, Stevie?" Nobody's letting me think today, are they? "Think any much harder and your head is going to explode." 

"Don't worry about me, Buck. Just thinking about Emily." A smile grows on his face before I sigh. "You too?"

"Dude, go for her. I could tell you liked her since that night at the diner. Fucking do it!" He puts a hand on my shoulder before he walks towards the kitchen. That guy and his food. 

He's right, though. If I wanted her, I got to do something soon. Guys around here, and generally New York, don't let girls like her go too easily. Plus, I gotta make sure that Tony doesn't think that she's free. As long as I'm around, she's mine. 

--

Emily's POV

I take a seat on the bed, taking off the shoes that Sam had picked up for me. The best part of the day is being able to take off your shoes. They're like little foot prisons. I walk into the bathroom to wash my face before taking a good look at myself. The bags under my eyes are starting to make an appearance again. I guess that's what comes with being thrown from an explosion and developing superpowers. There was a small cut on my neck along with a few more on my upper arms. Nothing too major. Thank god, it could have been much worse. A knock at my door catches my attention. I rush over and open it, revealing Tony. "What's up, Tony?" 

"Hey, E. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm throwing a party tomorrow. Formal wear. Be prepared to drink and play games!" He exclaims before leaving and shutting the door. Fuck. Of course. I don't have anything to wear, no shoes for it. Nothing. 

Soon there was another knock at the door. It was Natasha and Wanda this time. "Hey girl. Did you hear about Tony's party?" 

"Yea he just came by. Come on in." I walk away from the door, both of them coming in. 

"Well, I know that you don't have much so I wanted to ask if you wanted to borrow something of ours to wear."

"We can help you get ready too. Natasha does killer makeup."

"And Wanda does some badass hair. It could be some good girl time." I smile and nod, agreeing. "Perfect. We'll come by tomorrow and we can get ready!" Soon, the girls leave, excited for the event tomorrow. I'm not going to lie, I am too. 

-

When the time hit the next day, the girls came by and led me to Natasha's room. "Here's some of my dresses. You look around my size, they should fit." I rummage around the closet, noticing a red strapless dress that was beautiful. Wanda must have seen me looking at it before grabbing it from the closet. 

"Nat, this is the one for her! Look at her! This is perfect!" She lays the dress down onto the bed before gasping. "I have the perfect heels. Hold on!" She runs out of the room before coming back with a pair of black heels. Not too high, not too short. Just perfect. Not going to lie, I think I'm going to look pretty hot. 

"Emily, get dressed real quick. Wanda and I will change in here. You can use the bathroom if you want. Wherever your comfortable." 

All in 30 minutes, I was dressed with my hair done in beach curls and a nice smoky eye. I looked pretty damn hot. Once Wanda was done with me, I walked out of the bathroom, Natasha gasping. "God, they are going to have a heart attack looking at you. I hope you don't plan on staying single for long." As soon as she finishes her sentence, Friday alerts us that the party is starting. "Perfect timing. Let's go." 

The three of us walk to the elevator, chatting on the way down. When we entered the party room, I noticed the large amount of people. There was people I recognized, but then there was others I didn't recognize. Like the guy in the corner who was waving yellow patterns around while talking to Tony or the guy in the red jacket talking to the green lady. Cut that, there's a lot of people I don't know here. We step through into the room before Sam comes up to us. "Damn girls, looking amazing tonight." He gives me a hug before smiling at Wanda and Natasha. I look around, noticing Bucky tap Steve's shoulder before both of their eyes were on me. 

Oh shit.

-

-

-

Hey guys, another chapter tonight!

QOTD: who do you pick : Bucky or Steve? Gosh darn, I can't pick!! 

The song at the top is Team by Lorde!

Love and Hugs,

DashingZiggy