'Friends'

Chapter 9

(Y/n) POV
Jake and I had been hanging out a lot lately, and became quite good friends. Jake took me out to the movies, for dinner and lots of other bonding stuff and both of us had a ton of fun together. Can you believe it? [J: Can u believe it? SOB literally just said "Insert stuff that they would do together, something a little flirty as an indication" || SOB: Hehe...I dunno wat to write...*laughs guilty*] Me, a normal girl, friends with a popular kid? Never in my dreams would I ever think that I'll be hanging out with such a hot and popular guy.

Spending time with Jake somehow cause me to forget about Dylan and Ava... I didn't even bother to think about them anymore. Who cares? Besides, I've got Jake. But sadly, that meant that I hung out less with my friends. I felt like I was ditching them. It's so ironic how I had complained about Dylan ditching us recently and now, I'm doing the same thing. I felt kind of guilty but no one would reject a guy like Jake. I'm sure they'll understand, right?

Lately, I was getting really distant from Dylan. With him hanging out with Ava and me with Jake, we barely had time to do stuff together. I think my grades had gone down without Dylan always helping me with homework and tutoring me.

I don't think that's how Best Friends worked...

I kept trying to convince Jake to join my group of friends but he shook that off by saying that he was not suitable and that they wouldn't accept a newcomer so easily. However, after pleading with him for countless times and using my sad puppy eyes, he had finally gave in and agreed.

"Jake, pretty please? Just try? For me? I'm your friend now, aren't I?" I begged, pouting my lips.

"Oh alright! I'm doing this just for you so you better thank me for it!" He rolled his eyes, pointing his finger at me.

Then, I enthusiastically pulled his arm, dragging him along with me towards the cafeteria.

"Hey guys! This is Jake, my new friend, as you all know, he's like really good at sports and like super nice!" I introduced.

"Um...hi guys!" Jake waved at them shyly.

For a second, no one spoke. My friends just looked at him blankly. Awkward silence hung in the air and I could feel the tension around.

"Wait, (y/n), why are you with this jer—" Suddenly, Malia broke the silence with her finger pointed at Jake.

Jake furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hi! Jake! I'm... um... I'm Lydia,this is Malia! And what she meant to say was 'Jake'. She knows a few Jakes around here and she was just asking." Lydia interrupted, chuckling uncomfortably.

Phew! Thanks lyd! For being such an understanding friend and saving my butt.

The last thing I wanted was Malia causing a scene with Jake.

Silence returned and the tension between them seemed to elevate. Jake kept fiddling with his shirt, pulling on it regularly. Malia raised an eyebrow, Teresa was studying Jake carefully, Tyler just quietly nodded his head. The worst of all, Dylan was glaring at Jake coldly.

It's really awkward. Obviously, my friends didn't really like Jake...?

Stupid me! Why did you have to bring everyone into this situation? You just had to force Jake to come and do this...you know, you're such an idiot sometimes...Now quick, think of an excuse to get out of it.

"Oh wait! I just remembered! Guys, we're kind of busy now as I have this homework that Jake has to help me with! Catch ya later!" I spoke up, pulling Jake along with me as we strolled out of the cafeteria. An obvious and lame lie to avoid another awkward situation.

From the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Dylan frowning, his fists clenched. Probably because of the stupid excuse I made. It was always Dylan helping me with my homework but I just had to be an idiot and announce that now I was approaching Jake for it and don't need him anymore.

Great! Now Dylan probably thinks that I don't need him anymore and now I think he hates me! Smooth, (y/n), real smooth yeah...

As we were out my friends' sight, Jake turned to me, looking dejected.

"I tried... but... I guess they just don't like me..." Jake lamented, following with a sigh as he ran his hands through his blonde locks.

"Oh, come on! Don't think that way! They just probably weren't in the mood for it. It's ok! We can try again next time!" I tried to be really positive, giving him a thumbs-up.

Jake let out an awkward laugh.

"Yeah..."

Not that convincing... Deep inside, I think we all know the truth...

- Time skip -

Chemistry lesson.

One of my worst subjects.

I keyed in my passcode and the lock clicked open. I opened my locker and was about to take my goggles when I saw a random slip of paper settled right on top of it.

Hmmm...weird... it was definitely not mine. I've always kept my locker clean and organized so someone must've slipped the piece of paper into my locker, but who?

I was highly suspicious and paranoid of it after seeing so many horror and mystery movies that I didn't even dare to touch it. I convinced myself that what I was thinking was just dumb, so I gingerly pinched the piece of paper between my two fingers as I took it out.

It read "Hey (y/n)! You're invited to my party! See you next Friday night at my house! —Jake"

It was just Jake's party invitation.

Then, in a really small and fancy font right at the bottom of the paper it stated "(turn the paper around for a surprise!)"

I tilted my head and flipped the paper to the other side.

"(Y/n), I really like you, would you be my girlfriend? Yes or no? Please circle."

[ SOB: Cliffhanger!! Haha! Just a short chapter. Thx for reading! Continue to read on to find out what happens! What do u think will happen? Comment down below! Pls vote and comment! If u enjoy the story,pls help me to promote and spread it to others, we aim to get as many people to read this as possible! Thanks for all the support! :)||J: I didn't rlly edit much this chap I'm vv sorry...|| SOB: We just had this Youth Day celebration where we get to wear whatever we want to school! I dressed up as Stilinski!!! :))||J: N I hav a plain white top with black loose pants n my friend said I look swag n I was like wat?! Ok this is random I'm random I'm vv sorry]