Bullied

Chapter 16

(Y/n) POV
"Dylan, you're coming for lunch with us right?" I jabbed a thumb over my shoulder as I walked out of the classroom.

"Yeah!"

"Uh..." I stopped in my tracks.

He wore a puzzled expression, cocking his head a little to the side. Why do I feel like he got this habit from me?

"Hmm?"

"Uh...there's something I need to tell you later, along with our friends. It's quite serious and I think you need to know this..." I fiddled with the strings of my hoodie.

"Uh...okay...sure...?" Dylan replied warily.

I grabbed his arm, dragging him to the cafeteria with much effort.

Once we arrived, Malia, Teresa and Tyler were already seated in their normal seats, but there was no sign of Lydia.

"Where...where's Lydia?" Dylan inquired, pointing at the empty seat.

"Uh...that's what I was going to tell you about...sit down and I'll explain..."

Our three friends had their heads lowered, their expressions grim. No one spoke.

"Um...what's wrong with everyone today?" Dylan being the first one to speak, scratched his head.

"Um...how do I put it? Um...uh...Lydia...she...we noticed something wrong with her. She's been really weird lately. She's not even here for lunch with us and she doesn't really talk anymore. Teresa told me about it yesterday..."

Dylan's mouth fell open as he rubbed his face nervously.

"Wha—-what do you mean?"

"I suspect that she's being bullied. By someone." Teresa finally broke the news.

"Oh no...what are we gonna do about this. Lydia needs us. We need to help her." Dylan's voice started to get louder.

"Calm down D-balls! That's why we're here now, we need a plan... and also I think...It's Howard. Based on previous experiences, if you know what I mean." Tyler sighed gravely, his eyes moving from Dylan to me.

"You mean like the Howard? As in the notorious bully?" I asked, looking at Tyler with wide eyes.

"Yeah..."

"Then what do we do?"

"Ah, I don't know...just...maybe...argh...the only way is to stand up for her, but I don't think we should do that, well not right now, we haven't even confirmed it."

"How about we wait a while more, give it a few more days before we actually decide on what we should do?"

Everyone nodded in agreement, we decided to just leave the matter for a while and observe, but for me, it was not the case. My mind kept telling me that I should do something and that was the day to do it.

- Time skip -

"Hey Lyd! You wanna walk home together?" I approached Lydia, tugging on her arm.

"Uh yeah, okay, sure."

The two of us walked down the hallway abreast. Now, it was time.

"Lyd, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure."

"Uh, is there something—- "

"Hey! Look who've we got here? Well if it isn't Lydia Martin!" A voice behind us  interrupted me.