Dread

Chapter 25

(Y/n) POV
Have you ever had that feeling when you feel your heart ache? Like a slice of pain through your heart for a brief moment and then it's gone? But when the pain fades away, it just leaves this scar and no matter what, you can't mend it? Well that's called heartbreak, about two billion songs written about it...

I had deliberately woken up earlier than usual. The reason being I wouldn't meet him on my way to school like every other day. My eyes darted around as I made sure that he wasn't anywhere around before I headed to school.

- Time skip -

I was one of the early birds today. I arrived in my almost empty classroom and settled down. I decided to use the time to do some homework and revision. My Math had some serious problems and what could I do about it? No Dylan from now on, probably never going to anyways, ever, not after what he'd done.

Dylan POV
I sauntered to school, all by myself. It was discomforting, unsettling. I felt so empty inside without (y/n)'s presence. Could I ever get her back? The chances were super slim though. Hatred for myself filled me once again. I really hope she was in school today. There was a basketball match that the class would be going to in the afternoon. (Y/n) liked basketball and watching the intense matches so I assumed and prayed that she would be present.

I met Tyler in the school hallway while going to class, and he decided to join me.

"Hey!" Tyler waved at me cheerfully.

"Hey." I stated in a monotonous voice.

"Still upset?"

I didn't reply. My head sunk, not bothering to look at him. Tyler patted my shoulder in a futile attempt to comfort me. As we stepped into the classroom, Tyler suddenly nudged me hard with his arm, causing me to stumble a little.

"Actually, today might be your lucky day." He perked up.

My eyebrows slanted inwards, I shot a cold glare at him, nostrils flaring, irritated by how violently he nudged me.

"What do you mean?"

"She's here." Tyler jerked his head.

Oh thank god she came! I still had a chance. A small one.

(Y/n)'s head shot up, looking right at us, her face plastered with a bright smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. She greeted Tyler with a friendly wave, but didn't even take a glimpse at me, like I was invisible to her! Tyler returned her gesture while I stared at the ground awkwardly.

"She looks happy." Tyler commented.

"Yeah right. It's all an act. I bet she's dying inside, she hates me." I grunted sarcastically. "She didn't even look at me."

"I broke her, how am I supposed to fix it?" I continued, fighting the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"Pfft. You're too paranoid and overreacting. Just find a chance to talk to her later. I'm sure she's over it."

I sucked in a deep breath. "I sure hope so."

- Time skip -

My class reaches the indoor sports hall in the school right on time to watch the basketball match. With this, I also thought that this was a great chance for me to approach (y/n).

Malia approached me. "Yo! You wanna sit together with us?" She motioned to Lydia, Teresa and (y/n).

"Uh, yeah, sure." I replied, hesitant.

The six of us settled down at our respective seats. I plopped onto the seat at the furthest right, sitting beside Tyler. Like I expected, (y/n) chose to sit at the furthest left, distancing herself from me. I bit my lip, disappointed, the dread slamming back into my gut.