Bad News

Chapter 13

Y/n POV
The next day, I walked to school with Dylan like any other normal day. The great news was that he was no longer hobbling as much as yesterday and his injuries seems to alleviate overnight. However, if you look closely, there was still a slight limp as he took each step.

As we walked down the hallway, chatting happily, Teresa approached me, a grim expression written on her face.

Oh no...something must've happened... Teresa didn't usually come to me when I'm with Dylan

She stopped next to me and grabbed my arm.

"Do you mind if I talk to her for a second?" Teresa glanced at Dylan.

Before Dylan even responded, Teresa had already dragged me away from him.

"What is happening? Why're you acting so weird?" I asked, puzzled.

Teresa looked at me gloomily and sighed.

"It's about Lydia." She lowered her volume into almost a whisper, not wanting anyone around us to hear.

"It's bad and it's been happening for a while now..." she added.

"Wait what? What happened? How come I didn't know about it? Since when? What did she..." Before my brain even fully understood what Teresa meant, multiple questions already started to fly out of my mouth at her.

I wanted an explanation from her, and quick. My whole body suddenly tensed, my mind filled with different possibilities of what happened. Not good ones.

"Hold up! Stop right there! I'm going to explain!" Teresa cut me off, looking around to see if anyone had their attention on us.

She took a deep breath.

"Okay, so, while you were busy dating Jake and Dylan busy hanging out with Ava, I started to notice some stuff happening to Lydia."

"Oh my...is...is Lydia ok? I'm so sorry for ditching you guys. It's just... Jake..." I interrupted.

"Wait! Listen! First, Lydia talked less than she normally did, making it a little bit unusual. Then, she stopped smiling like she usually did, which made it even more suspicious. She was either sad or emotionless all the time. Later, she started to distance herself from us, occasionally avoiding us. Now, she doesn't really go for lunch with us anymore. We tried to ask her but she won't tell, she always says that she's fine. The worst thing was that I saw badly covered bruises on her neck and her arms and even her legs! She was trying to cover them with makeup. I suspect that she might be being bullied by someone...remember two years ago? She was bullied... And she acted exactly like how she's acting now, but worse." Teresa explained, her voice filled with worry and anxiety.

It was unlike her usual calm self... probably because Lydia's her best friend.

"We have to do something about this. Christ, I — " I ran a hand through my hair. "I have no idea what to do — but — We just can't leave Lydia like that—"

"Uhhh...here's the plan, how about tomorrow, we find the rest of our friends, excluding Lydia of course, and discuss what we should do about it." Teresa suggested, her eyebrows still furrowed.

"Ok, deal!" I nodded in approval.

Dylan POV
It was weird that Teresa had so urgently pulled (y/n) away from me. Why didn't she just say it to the both of us? Heck, she doesn't even come to us when we're together.

"Hey Dilly! Wanna go out today after school?" Ava's squeaky voice rang through the air. Her hand slipped into mine, continuously tugging it.

I rolled my eyes in irritation. I've had enough, I can't just go on doing this! I have to tell her the truth.